Do companies care about spelling and errors anymore?

Trav_X

So i go onto Origin PC after being curious about linus's new video, and stumble across an unfortunate error. Origin PC needs a native english speaker to write some of their stuff, but i wont be focusing on their grammar today. No, today i focus on their leak of an unannounced Intel chip line, coming in their new Chronos PC's. I guess its the Intel 5600 series, cause check this out, this system has a 5690X in it?!??! What is that!? I joke of course, i know its supposed to be 5960X, but dont you think companies like this would check their spelling? It just makes them not look classy as a business. Other websites from tech companies also have spelling errors quite a bit. Places like PNY, Galax, and even on MSI ive seen some errors. Dont companies check this more often?

I KNOW, I KNOW, i didnt really post spelling errors on this thread, but maybe you will. I am telling you that in the past ive definitely seen errors on tech websites in terms of grammar and spelling, and i know the 5690X is just a typo. But dont companies ever check this? I will be sending an email however to Origin to let them know of the mistake as to not confuse anyone who isnt as much of an enthusiast about parts.

Captureadad.PNG

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

Xbox One Forza 6 Limited Edition Blue

by the amount of spelling errors i've seen on terms of service... it seems like they don't really care anymore

You think that's bad?  Talking about grammar, have you freaking seen ASUS's website!?!!?

Here's some gems from their FAQ section:

• I purchased the Asus Z87 chip motherboard, but found that the CPU multiplier can not be locked, ask how to solve?
  • Why open a Web page will appear only flash video no sound?

• Crash warning of drivers and software under Windows8.1 or Windows8.1update

• How to disabled BIOS Fast boot?

• After the computer is turned off, cpu fan continuous operation

• Why can't I use the USB devices occasionally on my Windows 7 desktop even I have installed the Intel USB driver successfully on Intel 100 Series platform(Z170/H170/Q17/Q150/B150/H110)?

These are all real direct quotes from the website.  Yes even that weird font "W" is in there

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Now imagine the confusion from some retailers; it's a domino effect. I was helping a friend build his PC, and after some thought, we decided to go with an i5-4690k and a Z97 Fatal1ty mobo from ASRock. We completed the order online and waited. It turns out that ASRock has a very similar H97 model, and of course the shop sent the wrong one. To top it all up, they sent an i5-4460 instead of a 4690k. Such a mess.

So many models of hardware, sometimes so close to each other in naming and design, that even the makers themselves mix it up.

Moonstone -- MSI B450 Tomahawk Ryzen 5 3600 Gigabyte RTX 2060 G. OC Pro 6GB • 16GB HyperX Fury Black  Corsair CX550M • Aerocool Cylon

Peripherals: Dell P2719H 27'' @ 1080p + Acer VA270H 27'' @ 1080p • Redragon Mitra RGB Red Switch  Superlux HD681 • Logitech Z207

Storage: WD Black SN750 500GB NVMe SSD + Kingston A400 480GB SSD + Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD

Rebound 95 -- PC Chips M519 Socket 7 AT Mobo • Pentium P54C 100Mhz • Cirrus Logic GD3454 1MB GPU • Creative L. Sound Blaster 16 CT2950 • 8MB of RAM

(Check my albums for pictures of the systems)

Proofreading and error checking costs money (someone has to be paid to do it) and in the era of frugal consumerism that forces tight profit margins there's no money to spend on what largely doesn't affect customer spending. Even with that typo the buyers that are looking to spend that amount of money on an Origin PC will still do it without hesitation. Some won't even notice the dyslexic typo before clicking the buy button.

Shit happens. Simple mistakes like that can quite easily slip by.

Also, if you're going to complain about someone else's English you might want to sort out those contractions and start capitalising "I" properly... JS

23 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

You think that's bad?  Talking about grammar, have you freaking seen ASUS's website!?!!?

Here's some gems from their FAQ section:

These are all real direct quotes from the website.  Yes even that weird font "W" is in there

I have seen some stuff on ASUS's website before, but not most of those :D interesting tho

19 hours ago, TheMcSame said:

Shit happens. Simple mistakes like that can quite easily slip by.

Also, if you're going to complain about someone else's English you might want to sort out those contractions and start capitalising "I" properly... JS

Lol sorry, I was typing on my computer, usually I'm on my iPad and autocorrect makes me appear more intelligent ;) 

22 hours ago, Sky Daddy said:

i'll take an i7 5'69'0x

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

22 hours ago, Bloody-George said:

Now imagine the confusion from some retailers; it's a domino effect. I was helping a friend build his PC, and after some thought, we decided to go with an i5-4690k and a Z97 Fatal1ty mobo from ASRock. We completed the order online and waited. It turns out that ASRock has a very similar H97 model, and of course the shop sent the wrong one. To top it all up, they sent an i5-4460 instead of a 4690k. Such a mess.

So many models of hardware, sometimes so close to each other in naming and design, that even the makers themselves mix it up.

Agreed with everything stated here. Sometimes it's just confusing even more experienced people sometimes

On May 14, 2016 at 11:22 PM, Newenthusiast said:

Accidents happen 9_9

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

23 hours ago, PeloyGeek said:

by the amount of spelling errors i've seen on terms of service... it seems like they don't really care anymore

I can agree with that

MSI GE72 Apache Pro-242 - (5700HQ : 970M : 16gb RAM : 17.3" : Win10 : 1TB HDD : Razer Anansi : Some mouse) - hooked up to a 34UM58-P (WFHD) in dual screen

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

On 5/14/2016 at 1:19 AM, PeloyGeek said:

Nobody reads it anyways... well, some do, but most don't :P

Make sure your grammars are on fleek before you send dat email to Origin

-- inb4 "Posted Friday"  

---- God, save his soul O_O

I am pretty sure spell check is racist now. 

Xeon e5-2670, Intel DX79sr, 16gb g.skill Ares, evga sc 780ti, antec 750 80 plus gold, Phantek Entho pro case

26 minutes ago, online_olympian said:

I am pretty sure spell check is racist now. 

Can agree

iPad Air 2 (for school)

iPhone 6

/me bangs head on desk.

Xeon e5-2670, Intel DX79sr, 16gb g.skill Ares, evga sc 780ti, antec 750 80 plus gold, Phantek Entho pro case