Open case and use a room fan

FanLover

Hi,

my PC is running pretty hot at the moment, would opening the case and settings a room fan infront of it help?

Could luke maybe try this out?

Thanks!

it would bring more dust in to your case and it wouldn't give you the best cooing option so just buy  2 fans 1 rear and 1 front

Of course it would, these fans provide a ton of airflow. Like, a ton. Putting it near A.C. would be even better.

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

1 minute ago, SADDAM11 said:

it would bring more dust in to your case and it wouldn't give you the best cooing option so just buy  2 fans 1 rear and 1 front

I don't really care about the dust. I just got a few room fans handy and would like to cool my pc even more :)

or try to keep your room temps as low as possible

Ok thanks for the answeres :) Would still like to see Luke check this one out just to see how much of a difference it would make. Maybe we could start a new trend? :)

If you want good temps, just run an open test bench, since that's pretty much what you're doing if you're taking panels off and shoving a box fan in it.

9 hours ago, FanLover said:

Ok thanks for the answeres :) Would still like to see Luke check this one out just to see how much of a difference it would make. Maybe we could start a new trend? :)

If you have really bad airflow case, like something pre-2010, opening sidepanel would drop temps by 5C or something. Thats about same as adding sidepanel fan will do (tested with 200mm NZXT case fan). Room fan aren't really that effective for PC components. They are for wide areas so aiming it to close range isn't that good idea for todays usage. You can see that in past (2000-2010) people have used them taped in sidepanel. Thats best option since rest of the sidepanel keeps air in circulation. With open sidepanel you have some of air escaping before it can circulate into hot components.

What are your components and temps that would suggest you need such thing? Most people overreact to PC teps that are actually quite bearable. With Intel CPUs, you don't even see thermal throttle that often.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv