1080 watercooled.. Do I need it?

Uhmmmm im kinda new to this whole PC stuff so I really want your onion on this question guys... For 3 years i have worked with this crappy system of mine and im thinking of spending a hefty amount to build a new PC,Since Nvidia released their new graphics card the "1080" i was thinking of buying it now my main question is "is it useful to water cool the GPU that only requires 180w of power?" thankss guyss in advance.

Not really, a reference founders apparently ran at only 67 C at the press conference under heavy load.

Desktop ("White Bread") -

• Corsair 760T
  • i7 5820k
  • NHD15 
  • Gigabyte 970 
  • 32GB Vengeance LPX 2666mhz 
  • Samsung Evo 512GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda

180w is the TDP, the heat output of the pcb, primarily the gpu chipset. The reference cooler should keep the internals nice and crispy at stock speeds, but for anything more, you should consider getting a custom cooler, but by no means is water-cooling the card anything less than complete overkill.

I'd probably wait for non-Founder's Edition custom PCB 1080s with dual 8-pin power

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

If you are ready for some fun, overclocking I would if the 'founders edition' (refrence card) ran at 67degrees under load overclocked to around 2.1Ghz I would suggest it to achieve potentially even a higher overclock.

you definitely don't "need" it. but hey, it would be cool. I would say something like the reference 980ti would need it since it ran at 83C

i dont think so, especially if you get a custom card

No, you don't. And if you want to in the future, there will be water blocks for that so no worries. Air cooling is pretty great btw..

I need S340. But more Define S'ish

Any card will benefit from an improvement in cooling, but it is less effective with lower heat output cards. With the 1080, just getting a good aftermarket card with a good cooler will be just fine.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd