cant downgrade to win7 from 10

DaZulu

Hi. for reasons im in need or a downgrade back to windows 7 but unfortunately microsoft say i have to use the windows.old file on my computer. the windows.old file i dont have,.

i then thought i could download there windows 7 iso off there website but my windows activation key according to microsoft is no longer a windows 7 key therefor it wont let me get to the download link.

i was hoping some1 could link me the least dodgy torrent file of windows7 out there. this way i can install windows 7 fresh update all the drivers i need to. then possibly go back to windows 10. honestly im not sure if that will work but! its worth ago.

or any other advice would be great to!

thanks

luke.

after 1 month the windows old file gets deleted

and you do not need to go back to windows 7 for any reason

you can clean install windows 10 and you will have less problems than if you do the upgrade

http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

after 1 month the windows old file gets deleted

and you do not need to go back to windows 7 for any reason

you can clean install windows 10 and you will have less problems than if you do the upgrade

http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

yea unfortunately i think i do. as the problem im having is persisting after a bios update and a fresh windows 10 install. also i cant install some of the drivers i need to possibly fix the problem while i have windows10 there just not compatible.

here is a link to the other post i have explaining the "main" issue if you interested.

ive tried everything i could think of and this is all thats left. 

Microsoft doesnt want you to go back you must do a fresh install. Its best to just bite the bullet now. W10 is not going away.

what do you mean you cant install some of the drivers

what drivers have you tried to install

windows 10 isntalls pretty much everything for you, you just need to leave it on for a few hours after you install it

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

what do you mean you cant install some of the drivers

what drivers have you tried to install

windows 10 isntalls pretty much everything for you, you just need to leave it on for a few hours after you install it

yea i know. but some of the asus p8z68-v drivers i mite need to install to fix the problems im having on my pc i cant. they just will not install i get the same error everytime i try "do you want to try in compatibility mode?" if i try that again i get an error saying its not compatible with this version of windows.

4 minutes ago, DaZulu said:

yea i know. but some of the asus p8z68-v drivers i mite need to install to fix the problems im having on my pc i cant. they just will not install i get the same error everytime i try "do you want to try in compatibility mode?" if i try that again i get an error saying its not compatible with this version of windows.

where are you trying to install them from? the motherboard webpage?

have you tried doing a clean install of windows 10 or did you do the upgrade?

because if you didnt clean install then thats pretty much certainly the reason why you are having issues

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

where are you trying to install them from? the motherboard webpage?

have you tried doing a clean install of windows 10 or did you do the upgrade?

because if you didnt clean install then thats pretty much certainly the reason why you are having issues

yea i tried a clean install of 10. ive also been told by asus support that they would recommend going back to win7 then doing a bios update (already done the bios update)