Star citizen purchase question

Spartanorfs
Go to solution Solved by Gyre-Taenn,

Yes @Wander Away that's right.

I'll just copy-paste drop this right here:

Please be aware that the package split has already happened. In case you are unaware, the game Star Citizen, the multiplayer PU, is not going to include the standalone title Squadron 42 (singleplayer campaign-esque thingy), which costs an additional $15. The campaign will have ties to the PU, including starting money, status, and npc relationships but it is neither detrimental nor necessary.

In terms of starter ships, you can either pick the Aurora MR or Mustang Alpha "starter" packages that include the ship, some UEC (In-game currency down the line), and a hangar, as well as a few more tidbits, for $45.

Be aware, however, that you can always upgrade from these ships if you get a case of ship-lust and just have to have a ship, without damaging your package and only changing the ship (This does, however, mean that you don't get the additional stuff that comes with the "standalone" version of the ship). You cannot at this time downgrade your ship to get store credit without "melting" your entire package (If you do decide to melt your package, you have one buy-back guaranteed for the price you purchased it at).

Most people, when upgrading from these ships, if you pick the Aurora, is Aurora MR -> Aurora LN (More militarized version; great all-around ship) -> Avenger Titan/Variants (Better handling and also a good all around ship) -> TO INFINITY!

If you choose the Mustang Alpha -> Mustang Beta (Exploration ship; think camper) -> Larger exploration ship

|

-> Avenger Titan/Variants -> TO INFINITY!

OR just do whatever you want...

Basic Common Ship stand-out attributes (Be aware some of these ships are unavailable now, but you can expect to see them in the mini-PU):

• Aurora: Single person multi-role, versatile ship; flies like a brick; tanks damage like one too; tough little ship
  • Hornet: Single person fighter-oriented ship; Not very well-rounded; Tanks damage well
  • Super-Hornet: Dual person fighter-oriented ship; most often used in Arena Commander
  • Gladius: Single person fighter-oriented ship; Slightly borked at the moment; Handles well
  • Mustang: Single person varied ship; Variants range from military to light transport; Handles extremely well; slightly borked
  • Mustang Delta: Single person fighter-oriented ship; Militarized version
  • M50: Single person racing ship; Extremely fast and agile; small loadout; made of paper
  • Avenger: Single person multi-role ship; Agile, handles well; A bit fragile; Slightly unbalanced at the moment
  • Freelancer: Multi-person freighter/exploration ship; 18-wheeler of the game; Will be able to carry lots of cargo in the future
  • Cutlass: Two-person (?) multi-role ship; pirate-y; versatile, jack-of-all trades; slightly borked at the moment
  • Vanguard: Two-person deep space fighter; No cargo; tanks damage; straight-line fighter
  • Retaliator: Large crew, long-range bomber ship; Think Flying Fortress
  • Khartu-Al: Alien scout ship; agile; giant hitboxes; big-ish guns; no flares
  • Sabre: Single person fighter-oriented stealth ship; Large loadout; Hard to hit; doesn't have as much armor as super-hornet; Stealthy in the future
  • Constellation: Large crew, versatile large ship; Used for exploration or hauling; Tanks damage
  • 300 Series ships: Single person multi-role(ish) ships; medium loadout; handles well; looks good(?)
  • 350R: Single-person racing ship; fastest ship in the game; handles slightly more poorly than the M50; loadout isn't great

That's about it... I think...

Anyway, sorry for the long-ish post. If you do decide to get it, check out LTT Conglomerate and hit us up on Discord. See you in the 'Verse!

Hi, I am interested in buying star citizen but I am confused regarding what package to buy. If I wanna get the full game (single player and online) without any of those extra ships (I wanna work my way up from scratch) which package should I buy? 

Many thanks

you could get a mustang or aurora starter package, and after you purchase that, you can get the squadron 42 (single player campaign) pledge for an addition $15. 

I think I got that right... @Wauthar @abyss03 @rentaspoon can you confirm?

Me: Computer Engineer. Geek. Nerd.

[Educational] Computer Architecture: Computer Memory Hierarchy

[Educational] Computer Architecture:  What is SSE/AVX? (SIMD)

Yes @Wander Away that's right.

I'll just copy-paste drop this right here:

Please be aware that the package split has already happened. In case you are unaware, the game Star Citizen, the multiplayer PU, is not going to include the standalone title Squadron 42 (singleplayer campaign-esque thingy), which costs an additional $15. The campaign will have ties to the PU, including starting money, status, and npc relationships but it is neither detrimental nor necessary.

In terms of starter ships, you can either pick the Aurora MR or Mustang Alpha "starter" packages that include the ship, some UEC (In-game currency down the line), and a hangar, as well as a few more tidbits, for $45.

Be aware, however, that you can always upgrade from these ships if you get a case of ship-lust and just have to have a ship, without damaging your package and only changing the ship (This does, however, mean that you don't get the additional stuff that comes with the "standalone" version of the ship). You cannot at this time downgrade your ship to get store credit without "melting" your entire package (If you do decide to melt your package, you have one buy-back guaranteed for the price you purchased it at).

Most people, when upgrading from these ships, if you pick the Aurora, is Aurora MR -> Aurora LN (More militarized version; great all-around ship) -> Avenger Titan/Variants (Better handling and also a good all around ship) -> TO INFINITY!

If you choose the Mustang Alpha -> Mustang Beta (Exploration ship; think camper) -> Larger exploration ship

|

-> Avenger Titan/Variants -> TO INFINITY!

OR just do whatever you want...

Basic Common Ship stand-out attributes (Be aware some of these ships are unavailable now, but you can expect to see them in the mini-PU):

• Aurora: Single person multi-role, versatile ship; flies like a brick; tanks damage like one too; tough little ship
  • Hornet: Single person fighter-oriented ship; Not very well-rounded; Tanks damage well
  • Super-Hornet: Dual person fighter-oriented ship; most often used in Arena Commander
  • Gladius: Single person fighter-oriented ship; Slightly borked at the moment; Handles well
  • Mustang: Single person varied ship; Variants range from military to light transport; Handles extremely well; slightly borked
  • Mustang Delta: Single person fighter-oriented ship; Militarized version
  • M50: Single person racing ship; Extremely fast and agile; small loadout; made of paper
  • Avenger: Single person multi-role ship; Agile, handles well; A bit fragile; Slightly unbalanced at the moment
  • Freelancer: Multi-person freighter/exploration ship; 18-wheeler of the game; Will be able to carry lots of cargo in the future
  • Cutlass: Two-person (?) multi-role ship; pirate-y; versatile, jack-of-all trades; slightly borked at the moment
  • Vanguard: Two-person deep space fighter; No cargo; tanks damage; straight-line fighter
  • Retaliator: Large crew, long-range bomber ship; Think Flying Fortress
  • Khartu-Al: Alien scout ship; agile; giant hitboxes; big-ish guns; no flares
  • Sabre: Single person fighter-oriented stealth ship; Large loadout; Hard to hit; doesn't have as much armor as super-hornet; Stealthy in the future
  • Constellation: Large crew, versatile large ship; Used for exploration or hauling; Tanks damage
  • 300 Series ships: Single person multi-role(ish) ships; medium loadout; handles well; looks good(?)
  • 350R: Single-person racing ship; fastest ship in the game; handles slightly more poorly than the M50; loadout isn't great

That's about it... I think...

Anyway, sorry for the long-ish post. If you do decide to get it, check out LTT Conglomerate and hit us up on Discord. See you in the 'Verse!

I only lurk... wait a sec-...

My only two contributions to society: SC Ship Guide / Squadron Logos

And if you do buy the game, be sure to use off of the referral links in my SIG to help out a random member in our LTT SC community. :)

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd