Cheapest way to run 6 monitor setup?

viper1884

I currently have 3 24 inch 1080p displays run by a  Gigabyte 780 TI GHZ Edition. My work will be replacing our 22 inch 1680x1050 work monitors and selling them on the cheap. i would like to get 3 for a total of 6 at home, however the 780 TI lacks the ports to run all 6. Can i add a cheap video card to run the 22s for desktop use while using the 780 ti and the 24s for gaming?

If so does anyone have a recommendation on which GPU to get?

Just now, viper1884 said:

you can run them with the igpu of your cpu. just enable it in the bios and plug them into the mobo.

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

3 minutes ago, viper1884 said:

I currently have 3 24 inch 1080p displays run by a  Gigabyte 780 TI GHZ Edition. My work will be replacing our 22 inch 1680x1050 work monitors and selling them on the cheap. i would like to get 3 for a total of 6 at home, however the 780 TI lacks the ports to run all 6. Can i add a cheap video card to run the 22s for desktop use while using the 780 ti and the 24s for gaming?

If so does anyone have a recommendation on which GPU to get?

Welcome to the Forum!

You can probably do that and there are probably tons of cards you can do that with, but the 650Ti comes to mind because I was running three screens off of it before I killed it. Is the 750Ti cheap enough?

Sig under construction.

1 minute ago, ChrisCross said:

you can run them with the igpu of your cpu. just enable it in the bios and plug them into the mobo.

Three off an iGPU at the same time?

Sig under construction.

Elemental 

Spoiler

Intel i5 6500 @3.8ghz - 8GB HyperX - 600w Apex PSU - GTX 1060 G1 GIGABYTE 6GB - s340 Black - 240gb Toshiba Q300 - Cooler master TX3i - MSI z170-A PRO.

Old Build (sold for 290€)

Spoiler

Intel i3 540 @ 3.9ghz (On stock cooler, Hits 80c max) - 8gb ram - 500w power supply - P7H55-M LE  120gb SSD - Talius Drakko case

Project Frug 50$ Water loop

Laptops

Spoiler

13" Macbook Air - Alienware m14x r2 -  2009 15" Macbook Pro (I was give all of these and would never buy them myself)

Just now, Tedster said:

Three off an iGPU at the same time?

if hes not doing heavy stuff on them it should be fine. they are not 1440p ones.

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

just make sure to use an nvidia gpu because your 780ti will just shut itself down if an amd one is detected.

just make sure to use an nvidia gpu because your 780ti will just shut itself down if an amd one is detected.

"Using the competitor's card? Well Imma bugger off then..."

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

"Using the competitor's card? Well Imma bugger off then..."

for real they implemented that after linus did a video about using nvidia and amd cards in the same system.

sometimes nvidia is just really awful.

for real they implemented that after linus did a video about using nvidia and amd cards in the same system.

sometimes nvidia is just really awful.

I know...Nvidia really needs to get their act together :P AND STOP BOYCOTTING THEIR OWN AND AMD CARDS!!!!!

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Probably the easiest way would be to use USB display adapters.   1680x1050 is definitely possible even over USB 2.0 with cheap adapters.  Just don't expect to do any gaming on the USB displays.

the 22s have ports for DP, DVI-D, D Sub. I'm not 100% sure as im not home right now but my main 24 monitor is running 144hrtz off of the DVI-D (i believe) port on the 780 i believe. with the other analog DVI  for 1 and HDMI for the other, i have a maximus 5 formula with has a DP and HDMI port on the back IO. So it might be possible to run the 22s off those with an HDMI adapter. 

if i was going to buy a GPU i wouldn't want to go more than 100.

Also thanks for the quick replies.