Hello everyone!

The community here seems very nice and knowledgeable so I thought I'd ask here!  I already own an amazing computer I game on but when I take vacations I want an amazing laptop to continue gaming.  Here's my questions I'm stuck on though;

Alienware is giving me an amazing deal on a laptop (17 R3) see pictures attached.  Knowing the GPUs can be swapped out on this laptop, what's the likelihood it will be able to fit the mobile pascal GPUs when they come out?

Second

I have a ROG G Sync 2k monitor for my PC and love it!  Do you think this needed on a laptop? 

image.png

image.png

So for short term use you don't really need a 2k display. The graphical potential and battery life makes 1080p much more favorable for mobile use. I don't know if Pascal Noble GPUs will fit.

10 minutes ago, Average T said:

Hello everyone!

The community here seems very nice and knowledgeable so I thought I'd ask here!  I already own an amazing computer I game on but when I take vacations I want an amazing laptop to continue gaming.  Here's my questions I'm stuck on though;

Alienware is giving me an amazing deal on a laptop (17 R3) see pictures attached.  Knowing the GPUs can be swapped out on this laptop, what's the likelihood it will be able to fit the mobile pascal GPUs when they come out?

Second

I have a ROG G Sync 2k monitor for my PC and love it!  Do you think this needed on a laptop? 

image.png

image.png

No one can really give you an answer except for alienware or when Nvidia gives specifications on their mobile parts.
Wait until they're released and check again.

Welp

What do you guys think of the gsync on laptops?  I love it on my PC but is it worth it for a laptop? If I'm going gsync I'll go origins but lose the 2yr warrenty and 2yr accidental damage from Alienware and it will cost a little more and not have a 2k screen.

On 10/5/2016 at 6:49 PM, Average T said:

What do you guys think of the gsync on laptops?  I love it on my PC but is it worth it for a laptop? If I'm going gsync I'll go origins but lose the 2yr warrenty and 2yr accidental damage from Alienware and it will cost a little more and not have a 2k screen.

My oppinion about G-sync on laptops: Meh

I don't game on a laptop and I would never want to, sooo for the use I do G-sync is just a gimmick, if you play games where the fps drops sometimes then I can see the point, but if you don't play any games where the fps will drop from 60 fps to 30 fps I would save the money.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.