Good laptops for Editing?

What would be some good laptops to look at that are quite portable/light and have video editing capabilities for stuff traveling?

1 minute ago, Aytex said:

Budget?

Anything really, I just want to see whats out there. Just not a mac please. Would be editing footage from GoPro/Canon 70D. 

Just went through this. Ended up with a Lenovo P70

Xeon 1505

64gig DDR

nvme 265

Samsung 1TB evo

Geforce m3000m 4gig

4k screen

Comes in a small p50 size as well with limited gpu selection.

I think MSI has a workstation laptop with a xeon and a mobile quadro, check that out. If not, I'd go for one of those gaming laptops that has a desktop 6700k and a desktop gtx 980, like that Saegar thing.

ASU

I should be considering the dell precision 5000 serie, xeons, quadro (for ae maybe) and i think that supports ecc ram, up to 64gb

and it has pretty much the same sexy looking of the xps 15 (it's thin and light)

and doesn't cost too much (in the mobile workstation panorama)

37 minutes ago, Mantayd17 said:

But I'm going to shamelessly name it: 15" MacBook Pro. Since you'll be in video editing, FCPX is one heck of a fine software. You wouldn't believe how fast it can run even compared to a high end desktop PC (and actually beating it pretty badly).

I hate Apple, but if you have the budget, it really is hard to beat a MacBook Pro for video editing on a laptop. Personally though, I hate what Final Cut has become, and I can't stand OSX. I prefer Premier now, but it's also because I use a lot of the other Adobe CC suite products as well. I've been looking at replacing my Samsung QX410 (at the time I bought it was essentially the same as the MacBook Pro at that time), and I'm pretty set on an MSI GS60 Ghost Pro of some sort. For the most part, I'd be using the laptop for light editing, cataloging/reviewing footage and that sort of thing in the field, not as a main editing rig. My biggest issue with editing on a laptop was storage. When the Samsung was my main editing rig, I only had a 128GB SSD in it, so everything had to be on external HDD's. Keep that in mind; granted, GoPro and Canon footage isn't too bad as far as file sizes.