intel i7 6700k processor faulty or not ?

i have bought a cpu about a week ago and i tried using it with the asus maximus hero viii mobo it did not post leaving aside the ram psu as all that is working  then i thought maybe the board is faulty and i sent it back and bought another one which is ga-z170x g1 gaming 7 and now after i press the start button on the board it turns on but there is no display will this has to do anything with the cpu as the mobo is new i and i am trying to return it to the seller but before that it has got a dent on both the sides because of the socket plate which helps to hold down the cpu on the mobo so will the seller or manufacturer cover it under the warranty or not i just wanted to know this ? please help the noob out thanks 

i have attached the pics below IMG_7430.JPG

IMG_7431.JPG

1 minute ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

We can't tell just by the picture, but it is possible, it happened to me with a 4690k

i understand that but i just wanted to know if they will help or not ......as they might say extreme pressure has caused this because if they say that i am not the one who applies pressure to the holding plate do you get me its the mobo manufacturer

1 minute ago, iyoursuperman said:

i understand that but i just wanted to know if they will help or not ......as they might say extreme pressure has caused this because if they say that i am not the one who applies pressure to the holding plate do you get me its the mobo manufacturer

Where did you buy it from? I would just RMA it.

Looking at the picture, the top left corner is a bit dented if we compare it with the right side

7 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

Where did you buy it from? I would just RMA it.

Looking at the picture, the top left corner is a bit dented if we compare it with the right side

can you see the dents on both the sides ....before i rma it i just want to know that will they accept it or they will just say that its my fault ?