Cooler for overclocked 6700k?

maremp

I'm looking at cooling options for overclocked 6700k, the overclock is going to be very basic, nothing extreme. I was looking at NH-D14 or Dark Rock Pro 3, are there any other good alternatives? I want my pick to be as silent as possible (with stock fans) and have enough clearance to fit Corsair Vengeance LPX ram (31mm high). 

Or should I throw in an extra 10-15€ to get the NH-D15?

H100i GTX?

3 hours ago, Bobby_Joe_90 said:

H100i GTX?

He probably wants an air cooler. This is under the air cooling section on the forums :P.

4 hours ago, maremp said:

I'm looking at cooling options for overclocked 6700k, the overclock is going to be very basic, nothing extreme. I was looking at NH-D14 or Dark Rock Pro 3, are there any other good alternatives? I want my pick to be as silent as possible (with stock fans) and have enough clearance to fit Corsair Vengeance LPX ram (31mm high). 

Or should I throw in an extra 10-15€ to get the NH-D15?

If it isn't an aggressive overclock the Cooler Master 212x should be a great cooler, but if you are  going to do an aggressive overclock and want silence the Cooler Master Maker 8 is a great cooler for both performance and silence. It is a huge cooler and you might want to check if it will fit in your case, but the Dark Rock Pro 3 is great just a pain to install onto the CPU.

8 hours ago, YongKang said:

Tell me your OC and I'll help ya.

4 hours ago, Tyler Criswell said:

If it isn't an aggressive overclock the Cooler Master 212x should be a great cooler, but if you are  going to do an aggressive overclock and want silence the Cooler Master Maker 8 is a great cooler for both performance and silence. It is a huge cooler and you might want to check if it will fit in your case, but the Dark Rock Pro 3 is great just a pain to install onto the CPU.

The overclock is going to be something along what Asus Z170-A can provide with the 1-click OC option or something in the range, if I'll be willing to play around with the settings myself. 

8 hours ago, Bobby_Joe_90 said:

H100i GTX?

4 hours ago, Tyler Criswell said:

He probably wants an air cooler. This is under the air cooling section on the forums :P.

That's correct. If I'll decide to do change it for WC, it's going to be a full custom water loop. 

8 hours ago, Tyler Criswell said:

Sorry didn't see that (Facepalm)

11 hours ago, Tylerr said:

cryorig h7.

What is the highest clock you think i could get with this cooler?

I've never had issues installing Be Quiet coolers, and not something you do very often, so I wouldn't even take that into consideration if I were you. 

Mild OC: Shadow Rock Slim 

Medium OC: Dark Rock 3 or Dark Rock Pro 3, Cryorig isn't bad but for silence, BQ is best IMO

High OC: Noctua D15(S)

I went with the Dark Rock Pro 3, and replaced the 120mm by a second 135mm fan (you can order one from Be Quiet for 10$ USD free ship) 

Either cooler the OP mentioned should do a decent overclock well, I know off hand the d14 will clear the ram and performs nearly as well as the d15

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W