Windows question?

rocket2016

i have windows 7 install, but no product key. can i use windows 8 pro SKU-3UR-00001 to update to  and use the product key?

windows8pro.jpg

You don't need a product key to upgrade to Windows 10 (if that's what you want) 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

9 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

You don't need a product key to upgrade to Windows 10 (if that's what you want) 

my windows 7 kept asking me for a product key.

how i can get a active product key?

i just want a active windows. and this windows 8 pro SKU-3UR-00001 seen pretty cheap.

can i use windows 8 pro SKU-3UR-00001 to update to  and use the product key

1 minute ago, rocket2016 said:

my windows 7 kept asking me for a product key.

how i can get a active product key?

i just want a active windows. and this windows 8 pro SKU-3UR-00001 seen pretty cheap.

I get it... Yup it's gonna work... Use Windows anytime upgrade... I think this is how they call it in Windows 10 and you should be able to upgrade to Windows 8 with this product key easily 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

I get it... Yup it's gonna work... Use Windows anytime upgrade... I think this is how they call it in Windows 10 and you should be able to upgrade to Windows 8 with this product key easily 

Windows 7* sorry 

You can't use Win8 product key for Win7. You also need to register excistig product key as Win10 key before you can active Win10 with it. Registering is done with activated Windows install.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv