PS4 sounds like jet engine

xDanielxOossiex

My PS4 sounds like a jet engine whenever it's on. Even in the main menu it's very loud. What can I do to fix it? I already tried blowing dust out with compressed air can.

Also, it's very hot.

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

maybe it needs to crack open and use paint brush to brush off the dust, as well as replacing the thermal paste?

some dust bunnies might've clogged up the vents, compressed air will only make it worse (i had a dust bunny stuck inside my laptop's fan by blowing it deeper into the laptop when it was stuck on the heatsink)

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

1 minute ago, Moonzy said:

maybe it needs to crack open and use paint brush to brush off the dust, as well as replacing the thermal paste?

some dust bunnies might've clogged up the vents, compressed air will only make it worse (i had a dust bunny stuck inside my laptop's fan by blowing it deeper into the laptop when it was stuck on the heatsink)

But my warranty will be gone..

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

1 minute ago, xDanielxOossiex said:

But my warranty will be gone..

send it in if its still under warranty?

3 hours ago, Moonzy said:

send it in if its still under warranty?

My brother uses it a lot. He plays a lot on the ps4 and does not want to lose if even if it's for one week.

8 minutes ago, xDanielxOossiex said:

My brother uses it a lot. He plays a lot on the ps4 and does not want to lose if even if it's for one week.

Either you send it in, void your warranty or let the console die an early death due to heat

Tell your brother that

20 hours ago, Moonzy said:

Either you send it in, void your warranty or let the console die an early death due to heat

Tell your brother that

I disassembled the ps4. With an airpump, I blew out a lot of dust. It's quiet again.

2 minutes ago, xDanielxOossiex said:

I disassembled the ps4. With an airpump, I blew out a lot of dust. It's quiet again.

im not sure about ps4's warranty, did you void it?

8 hours ago, Moonzy said:

im not sure about ps4's warranty, did you void it?

I did void the warranty, but there was only 6 months left. And I told my brother he has to pay me if he breaks the ps4. We bought the ps4 together 1.5 years ago and we both paid €200 each.

13 hours ago, Arokhantos said:

Send it anyway, your brother doesn't have a say in the matter, he should buy he's own console :P

I already fixed it myself and I've void the warranty. It still works fine and it is very quiet now.