What should I do? Bought a 980 gtx ti last month.

IcEWoLF

I am still within the return policy until the 19th of this month.
The question is,  should I?

The 1080 card looks impressive, with the specs and will definitely beat out a 980 gtx ti performance.

So what would you do?

Jump the gun and just return the Ti card and wait 2 weeks and buy the new 1080 card from evga and hope they do a step up so I can upgrade to an acx cooler than the stock design?

Or just wait until next year and upgrade to a 1080 Ti?

4 minutes ago, IcEWoLF said:

I am still within the return policy until the 19th of this month.
The question is,  should I?

The 1080 card looks impressive, with the specs and will definitely beat out a 980 gtx ti performance.

So what would you do?

Jump the gun and just return the Ti card and wait 2 weeks and buy the new 1080 card from evga and hope they do a step up so I can upgrade to an acx cooler than the stock design?

Or just wait until next year and upgrade to a 1080 Ti?

I have a 980ti too, and since it will do a great job until the 1080ti comes out (and even after), i would wait for the 1080ti if i were you

Just now, Fourmi Kill3r said:

I have a 980ti too, and since it will do a great job until the 1080ti (and even after), i would wait for the 1080ti

I would have done the same but I am still within my return policy, if I upgrade to a 1080 it would probably keep a better resale value than the Ti. I am more worried about the Ti card just totally plummeting. 

1 minute ago, IcEWoLF said:

I would have done the same but I am still within my return policy, if I upgrade to a 1080 it would probably keep a better resale value than the Ti. I am more worried about the Ti card just totally plummeting. 

Well... keep it and put it on a shelf?

I would return it

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

12 minutes ago, IcEWoLF said:

If you really want the 1080 and you don't mind waiting, I don't see the issue with just returning it since you're still within your return policy

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

I would definitely return it and snatch up the 1080. Just my opinion.

|| i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz || Asus Z370-i || HyperX Fury 32GB @ 2400MHz || Nvidia Titan Xp || 500GB Samsung 950 Pro || Deepcool Captain 240 RGB white || Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX Glass || InWin Aurora fan kit || Corsair RM750x white || Ensourced Customs sleeved extensions || Tesoro Gram Spectrum white || Logitech G603 || 

Return it. Maxwell is garbage in dx 12. Nvidia still hasn't given any specifics about asynchronous shaders in Pascal, but even then $600 for a 1080 is a much better deal than a 980 ti.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

id probably return it myself but from reading this earlier it may not make that much of a difference

"Given what we know about the potential of overclocked GTX 980 Tis from various partners, a vanilla GTX 1080 will barely be any faster. This, clearly, is not the daddy Pascal GPU, because Nvidia doesn't need it: GTX 1080 Ti is probably lying in wait. We can hope that partners tap into the extra available TDP and really push this GTX 1080 to the limit, to enable more fluid gameplay at 4K."

full article here

I have a 480 gtx ti that I can use in the meanwhile...

Its total crap but it will do...lol

25 minutes ago, IcEWoLF said:

Yeah just return it, no reason not to.

Quick question, if I get the EVGA 1080 I will most likely be able to use the step up program right? I don't think their ACX coolers will take more than 3 months to be released right?

Now you learn never buy computer parts Q1 of the year always wait till after May all new PC parts come out May-September.

18 minutes ago, Jaggsta said:

Now you learn never buy computer parts Q1 of the year always wait till after May all new PC parts come out May-September.

I would have, but my 480 gtx kept running 100% and kept overheating and crashing, I've had that card since it was released like a half a decade ago lol.