Very strange... Vmoda m100 probz

DonDeWaay

Hello all,

My new Vmoda BoomPro mic has arrived. I plug both the mic and sound jacks into my computer and I switch the playback device (btw is there a way to automatically do this?) and I can hear no sound. I start to unplug the headset from the splitter thing that separates the mic from the sound slightly, and I hear the intended sound out of my left ear cup. I twist it without putting it completely in and it switches between the left and right earcup, sounding very distant. What is happening here? Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm not a sound professional, but I think the jack you are plugging them into may not be providing enough power for the headphones, either that, or its like a 3mm jack instead of a 3.5mm

11 minutes ago, SSL said:

Trying to insert a 4-pole into a 3-pole?

Wow ok so I plugged it into the back of my PC case instead and it worked! One problem though, my mic doesn't seem to be working. I looked in the recording devices thing but they don't show up there. Am I doing something wrong? The "line in" does not seem to be working, if it is the right one.

sfsrvczwesgzevrsedcxwEFGRzvsfzdzxwefvdsffwezcrfvszc.PNG

Should show up as Microphone, not line in. Be sure it's plugged into the red/pink jack.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

20 minutes ago, sobe said:

Should show up as Microphone, not line in. Be sure it's plugged into the red/pink jack.

So where should each audio and mic go?

20160506_175745.jpg

Where it says Mic. Top right port. Yours shows red as a Line Out.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

3 minutes ago, sobe said:

Where it says Mic. Top right port. Yours shows red as a Line Out.

Ok thanks. I'll try it and see if the mic shows up.

11 hours ago, DonDeWaay said:

Hello all,

My new Vmoda BoomPro mic has arrived. I plug both the mic and sound jacks into my computer and I switch the playback device (btw is there a way to automatically do this?) and I can hear no sound. I start to unplug the headset from the splitter thing that separates the mic from the sound slightly, and I hear the intended sound out of my left ear cup. I twist it without putting it completely in and it switches between the left and right earcup, sounding very distant. What is happening here? Help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

To your first question, once everything is working fine, just set as default on the sound output.

To your second question, instead of using the audio ports at the back of your PC, try the front one. Or use another device to test if the mic is really working (etc. your phone.) with and without the splitter. I know some splitter can kind of mess up the audio part. Try to see if it works. Last solution is call up the service centre to see if they can guide you through it or replace your splitter for you :)

[Music]

~Westone 4R(Reshelled) ~AKG K3003 ~AudioEngine A2+/White

[PC]

~Intel i5 6600K ~MSI Z170 Krait Gaming ~Sapphire Nitro R9 380X ~G.Skill RIPJAWS 8GB ~Seasonic G Series 650W ~CoolerMaster Seidon 120V Plus ~NZXT H440/White

1 hour ago, PingKueh said:

To your first question, once everything is working fine, just set as default on the sound output.

To your second question, instead of using the audio ports at the back of your PC, try the front one. Or use another device to test if the mic is really working (etc. your phone.) with and without the splitter. I know some splitter can kind of mess up the audio part. Try to see if it works. Last solution is call up the service centre to see if they can guide you through it or replace your splitter for you :)

Their support is great so, that would work.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

9 hours ago, PingKueh said:

Well. I tried plugging the audio part of the splitter into my s6 Edge and it worked perfectly. Then, I tried the mic side. Nothing. I don't think it even recognises it, because I can sp[eak into the phone and it works, but when I cover the phone's mic, nothing happens. I guess it's a problem with the splitter. Huh. Thanks!

9 hours ago, PingKueh said:

I am now contacting Vmoda to get this sorted out. Thanks for the help!