Hackentosh or Winux?

Samuroot1987

Hackontosh (Windows with mac VM) or Winux (Windows with linux)?

Please leave your suggestions in the pool and comments below.

Thanks,

Samuroot1987

how about wacux, you know, just combine everything.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

Linux, with both Windows and OSX as VMs.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Hackontosh (Windows with mac VM) or Winux (Windows with linux)?

Please leave your suggestions in the pool and comments below.

Thanks,

Samuroot1987

I like CYGWIN.  It is very flexible in that you can install just the stuff you need and keep it lite.   I mainly use it for openssh.  The CYGWIN installer lets you choose from a ton of optional packages to install as needed, which is great.  And you can install them at anytime later on.   You can install a very thin/lite kernal and just add the optional packages as you need to.  Or you can go crazy and install everything.

Unless I were doing it as a hobby and just for fun, I personally wouldn't be productive building a hackintosh.  I know there are some pretty sick setups that are awesome.  I just don't have time for that degree of "high maintenance" to keep it running, particular after each OS X update comes along.  I'd rather just buy a Mac Mini or one of the many Apple laptops instead.