AMD catalyst 16.5.1 Beta Driver update

FishTea

New beta drivers from AMD boosting Forza performance for fury series

AMD-Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-16.5.1

Article Number: RN-WIN-RADEONCRIMSON16.5.1

Radeon Software Crimson Edition is AMD's revolutionary new graphics software that delivers redesigned functionality, supercharged graphics performance, remarkable new features, and innovation that redefines the overall user experience. Every Radeon Software release strives to deliver new features, better performance and stability improvements.

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.1 Highlights

Support for:

• Forza Motorsport 6: Apex™
      • Performance increased up to 27% versus Radeon™ Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 on AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X(1)

Known Issues

• A few game titles may fail to launch or crash if the AMD Gaming Evolved overlay is enabled. A temporary workaround is to disable the AMD Gaming Evolved "In Game Overlay".
    • HDMI™ Scaling options may not be available in Radeon Settings on some system configurations or some applications may ignore the HDMI™ Scaling options setting.
    • The option to enable/disable AMD Crossfire™ technology logo may be missing on some system configurations from the Gaming, Global Options tab in Radeon Settings.
    • The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt inventory and character pages may exhibit flickering in AMD Crossfire™ technology mode.
    • Radeon Settings game manager does not display icons for Origin Games.

(1) Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of April 3, 2016 on the AMD Radeon™ Fury X, on a test system comprising Intel i7 5960X CPU, 16GB DDR4-2666 Mhz system memory, Radeon Software Crimson Edition driver 16.4.2 and Radeon Software Crimson Edition driver 16.5.1 and Windows 10 x64 using the game Forza Motorsport 6: Apex™.  PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. At 3840x2160, Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 scored 47.58 and Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.1 scored 60.69 on AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X, which is 27.5% faster performance. Test results are not average and may vary. RS-30

hmm..... a game that has not yet been released to public and yet there is now new driver. 

PS: Look at that footnote  a 5960x was used. haha

Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of April 3, 2016 on the AMD Radeon™ Fury X, on a test system comprising Intel i7 5960X CPU, 16GB DDR4-2666 Mhz system memory, Radeon Software Crimson Edition driver 16.4.2 and Radeon Software Crimson Edition driver 16.5.1 and Windows 10 x64 using the game Forza Motorsport 6: Apex™.  PC manufacturers may vary configurations, yielding different results. At 3840x2160, Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 scored 47.58 and Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.5.1 scored 60.69 on AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury X, which is 27.5% faster performance. Test results are not average and may vary. RS-30

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64

The norms in which determines the measure of morality of a human act are objective to the moral law and subjectively man/woman's conscience

I think you got the title wrong but anyway how long has it been since the last update 1 week? Nice one AMD.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

1 minute ago, lightningterror said:

I think you got the title wrong but anyway how long has it been since the last update 1 week? Nice one AMD.

i think so too

The norms in which determines the measure of morality of a human act are objective to the moral law and subjectively man/woman's conscience

i am useing the old 15.7.1 (win10@64b) for my HD 8670D

because my VLC videos on the new drivers (for win 10) get a white screen

i hope they fix this on new drivers "legacy" (like my) 9_9

4 hours ago, zeraine00 said:

PS: Look at that footnote  a 5960x was used. haha

PS that footnote has been there for like a couple of years now, nobody bother to banchmark GPUs with anything lower than top end overclocked extreme edition

also game that hasn't been released to the public? - are you living under a rock? that thing has been out for weeks on Windows Store for free, nVidia had a "game-ready" driver like on Monday or something

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

1 hour ago, 7850OC said:

i am useing the old 15.7.1 (win10@64b) for my HD 8670D

because my VLC videos on the new drivers (for win 10) get a white screen

i hope they fix this on new drivers "legacy" (like my) 9_9

My guess is you have issues with the Crimson releases. What about the last Catalyst version 15.10 beta ?

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~