Galaxy S7 Edge Bluetooth Issues

I have a T-Mobile Galaxy S7 Edge that I purchased new online and unlocked it. It is currently running with an AT&T sim card. The phone seems to work without a problem except for the rare network disconnect. However, the most persistent issue has been with the Bluetooth. So far it has had this strange habit of restarting whenever I'm at the gym and using a pair of Beats Wireless 2 Bluetooth earbuds. I researched the issue and the first thing that popped up was that it might be an network issue, but it happens whether I'm connected to mobile or WiFi. I tried repairing the two but that didn't fix it. I'm unsure how a Bluetooth device could make a phone restart. I'm preparing to do a factory reset but that is a last resort. Thanks for any help.

51 minutes ago, TeamPlayer22 said:

I have a T-Mobile Galaxy S7 Edge that I purchased new online and unlocked it. It is currently running with an AT&T sim card. The phone seems to work without a problem except for the rare network disconnect. However, the most persistent issue has been with the Bluetooth. So far it has had this strange habit of restarting whenever I'm at the gym and using a pair of Beats Wireless 2 Bluetooth earbuds. I researched the issue and the first thing that popped up was that it might be an network issue, but it happens whether I'm connected to mobile or WiFi. I tried repairing the two but that didn't fix it. I'm unsure how a Bluetooth device could make a phone restart. I'm preparing to do a factory reset but that is a last resort. Thanks for any help.

I would recommend buying an iPhone xD jk jk. Hmmm, Try the factory reset. If the issues with network and bluetooth persist, there might be damage/lack of quality control on the wireless module on the phones logic board and the board could have sustained damage. Before you do that, try the headphones with another device that you know works (preferably another S7 Edge or similar smart phone) Also try connecting your S7 Edge to other bluetooth devices like a wireless keyboard or something else and see what happens. If paired with a keyboard or some other device and it still causes restarts, send your phone in for repair or contact the retailer (I buy iPhones so I dont know how you would do that, maybe walk into a Best Buy with a Samsung experience location? Contact At&t? If this was an iPhone I would just say to go to an Apple Store but nothing similar exists for Samsung/Android devices)   

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

3 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

I would recommend buying an iPhone xD jk jk. Hmmm, Try the factory reset. If the issues with network and bluetooth persist, there might be damage/lack of quality control on the wireless module on the phones logic board and the board could have sustained damage. Before you do that, try the headphones with another device that you know works (preferably another S7 Edge or similar smart phone) Also try connecting your S7 Edge to other bluetooth devices like a wireless keyboard or something else and see what happens. If paired with a keyboard or some other device and it still causes restarts, send your phone in for repair or contact the retailer (I buy iPhones so I dont know how you would do that, maybe walk into a Best Buy with a Samsung experience location? Contact At&t? If this was an iPhone I would just say to go to an Apple Store but nothing similar exists for Samsung/Android devices)   

From what I can tell the issue seems to be isolated to those earbuds as the issue doesn't occur with other Bluetooth devices. However, how could any Bluetooth issue possibly make a phone restart? An earbud broke today so I already have a new pair on order. I'll clear the Bluetooth pairs and go from there. If it happens again, then I'll try a factory reset. If it happens again, I'm in deeper crap then I thought.

My suggestion is simple, contact Samsung. I'm not saying Linustechtips is a bad place to seek help for these kinds, but it's not Samsung, and most of the people here aren't even employed here. Contacting the manufacturer is the best option in my opinion, especially if you have warranty. It can be a nuisance, but they know your phone better than anyone else, since they made it.

(Contacting T-Mobile might also work, but Samsung may do the job faster because the carrier is not really involved)

-Kevin-