Why do you like anime?

teddy710

*Please, if you aren't into anime do not post any hate*

What got everyone into anime and why do you like it? 

For me... I was told to watch Naruto and now I'm watching (almost done) with Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. But I just love the whole feel of it all and e

All of the emotions poured into the shows and the impact it makes.

2 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

I like animated shows in general, and I like specific shows.

Such as

I LOVE ANIME BECAUSE ANIME HAVE SEXY LADIES! SEXY LADIES GIVE ME HEART ATTACK on May 3rd, 2016. 

RIP Boobies Sprinkle Noodle May 3rd, 2016. 

3 hours ago, teddy710 said:

Such as

Code Geass, FMA and FMA:B (FMA did side characters dramatically better, but FMA:B had a better main story), Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in The Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Bleach (actually not bad), Naruto (you've watched it), One Piece (actually gets gone about 100 episodes in), Eureka Seven, Hunter x Hunter (ant arc is soooooo goooooood), Spice and Wolf, Gurren Lagann, FLCL, One Punch Man, Avatar The Last Airbender, Teen Titans, Samurai Jack, and many many others.

I like animated shows. Idc if they're "anime style" or not. I like specific shows, but I couldn't care less about what's referred to as anime. If it looks good, appeals to me, the story is good, and the characters are good, I'm in.

Anime appeals to me in ways that TV shows never can.

They tend to take more thematic risks than TV shows do, sometimes it works brilliantly, sometimes it falls flat on it's face.  Tell me when was the last time a TV show tried to cram pop idols into a space opera with mechs in it? (aka Macross)

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Why do I like anime? Fuck if I know. I have watched anime since like middle school in the 90s watching dragon ball. I tend to like the stories but also the art styles used as well.

I'm not sure what it is exactly. 

Perhaps it's just the way the stories are written or how much emotion is put into the voice acting and animation. Maybe it's how they handle they action scenes or how the handle comedy. 

I honestly don't know, even before i knew a lot about Japan; i loved the Transformers mecha-type anime they had. I watched all of the seasons that were available at the time and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Because I find them so much more unique than what the fucking west pumps out of it's arse. Same reason I like bollywood movies, they're not the same recycled pieces of shit that is the movie industry today.

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

Anime saved my life and is still keeping it.

I decided to end my life 12 years ago. There was not even a slightest reason to keep living. I was 20y at the time.

By that time the only thing that I was doing was deep research of all kinds of suicide methods. Then it happened. One of my clients left me big drawing to scan, it was sad anime based character. It made me curious what was his story. So I started talking with the client and she managed to intrigued me enough to watch some series.

After the first few I was not able to stop. In the world of anime I found my only reason to keep living. I can`t miss what will happen next. By the time of finishing one I`m watching few more so there is always something new to watch.

Now behind me are 1197 anime series with 17432 episodes. By the info of AniDB I have watched only 10.8% of all listed animes there. So there are still enough to keep me living.

I`m 32 now. I can`t describe myself as happy in spite of all the happiness I feel when I watch anime.

Anime can`t replace the real life. But for now is enough.

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|