long distance wifi for no reason

mineblaster

im currentlly working on the most powerfull wifi i can build using ommidirectional anntenas. i have got my two tp-link anntenas today and hopefully i get the two 8w signal amplifiers in a weeks time the goal is to have a base station at my house and having a seconed as a wireless bridge. also the seconed anntenna will be mobile on a tripod i live in a town thats pretty flat and most houses are single story.  i just want to see how far i can go and if it works it may become battery powered if not it will be just a scary hotspot or somthing its crazy but thats how i go about life

http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/?model=TL-ANT2415D

update

well i got all the parts together and fired it up i picked up 36 diffrent wireless points from my house and later will set up a wireless bridge and see how far we can go and it battery powered and it last forever too

gallery_36628_566_1008506.jpg

and also need a better camera

Your internets gonna slow to a crawl once my neighbor gets ahold of that signal (@CoolBeans remembers) 

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

Just wait your place will be the "hottest spot" in town! Sorry, had to do it......

its like a present for my internet being upgraded so i am giving it a present i might update it later

Where do you live? If you live in the US or most countries you're braking the law.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

If your are going to use it 24/7 and you live in the US expect FCC agents at your door.

If you need long distance wireless just use some directional yagi's or a mesh antenna.

What you are going to do is pointless and it might end up costing you quite a lot in fines.

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

If your are going to use it 24/7 and you live in the US expect FCC agents at your door.

If you need long distance wireless just use some directional yagi's or a mesh antenna.

What you are going to do is pointless and it might end up costing you quite a lot in fines.

i live in newzealand and as far as i can see there is no restrictions like that here and it won't be on all the time and if i do use it ill try and make it hidden

i live in newzealand and as far as i can see there is no restrictions like that here and it won't be on all the time and if i do use it ill try and make it hidden

Don't expect a good signal and as far as i can see 4W is the limit in NZ. Just remember that you are also amplifying all the noise. You would be better of with a single point to point link such as some yagis. 

Alright, video streaming from home server when you go out for a walk!

EDIT: Why would having a large wifi signal be illegal? Frequency hogging? 
AFAIK the 2.4 GHz band is a public good.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

As for range you might get ~500m max.

Alright, video streaming from home server when you go out for a walk!

EDIT: Why would having a large wifi signal be illegal? Frequency hogging? 

AFAIK the 2.4 GHz band is a public good.

probably because it interferes with your neighbours wifi, and it can be actually dangerous (the amount of radiation that high wattage signals produce).

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

probably because it interferes with your neighbours wifi, and it can be actually dangerous (the amount of radiation that high wattage signals produce).

We channels to keep other networks from interfering. But that radiation thing may be a good reason. 

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

Where do you live? If you live in the US or most countries you're braking the law.

Unless he's interfering with something else there is no problem, in any country, unless the Wireless police are apply a wireless speed laws :lol:

You have three days to get 1KM radius wifi:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2021474419/flutter-20-wireless-arduino-with-half-mile-1km-ran

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Unless he's interfering with something else there is no problem, in any country, unless the Wireless police are apply a wireless speed laws :lol:

You have three days to get 1KM radius wifi:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2021474419/flutter-20-wireless-arduino-with-half-mile-1km-ran

There are legal limit on the transmitting power, if you go over those limits, you're breaking the law. 

It doesn't matter if he's not interfering with something else, he still is breaking the law.

That's like saying "who cares if I go over the speed limit? No ones going to catch me".

15" MBP TB

There are legal limit on the transmitting power, if you go over those limits, you're breaking the law. 

It doesn't matter if he's not interfering with something else, he still is breaking the law.

That's like saying "who cares if I go over the speed limit? No ones going to catch me".

Difference is no one other than someone with a radio freq. spectrum analyzer is going to notice, and we know how many of those are randomly roaming around looking for said signals.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Difference is no one other than someone with a radio freq. spectrum analyzer is going to notice, and we know how many of those are randomly roaming around looking for said signals.

It does happen, Doing this for a short period of time as an experiment you are unlikely to get caught but long periods of time i would be expecting fines unless you live in a small village in the middle of nowhere. 

We channels to keep other networks from interfering. But that radiation thing may be a good reason. 

A lot of other devices operate on the 2.4GHz band and crosstalk still exists between channels. When you start broadcasting at a much higher rate than everyone else you cause interference for them and changing channels is less effective. 

I'd recommend some decent equipment if you were actually after a long range wireless solution (<20km), but it seems like you're just messing about :P

so what if i found and or made some sort of adjustable signal regulator so i could be set correctly that come in afters the amplifier so it could be set correctly for diffrent situations

Well in your router you can set the transmit power the illegal amp is constant +8W of power + the gain of the antenna which is constant as well, you will at least be always transmitting at 8W. The EiRP will be even higher (usual limit ~3W).

If you absolutely must try this go ahead, but find a place with a low number of AP's around, because all you really going to do is make a hell of a lot of noise (interference).