Custom Work/Test-Bench Build Pic's (Inspired by Luke)

So I watched the custom test bench video Luke( @Slick ) put up on vessel (due fore release to YouTube in 3 days
) and i was inspired. I am about to move to a MUCH MUCH smaller room and house and I have a few old ATX Towers that I don't really want to take with me if Im not going to use them for something... So, long story sort is I often find parts people throw out and I handpick the best bits and make full systems for friends family and so on... Just finished on today with a AMD Phenom X4 840 build and so on.

Which often means im in need of a case to test parts on. Now I have a "Test Bench" and best bit was it was free.

So I followed the video the best I could but I started off with a MUXQZca.jpg AZZA Triton 401 

I could not have found a better case, Alot if not all the pannel's were in "sections" is the besty way to discribe it, with often just 3-4 rivits to hold it in its slot and its made out of a thick steel so moding it was a breeze.

I only had to Angle grind 2 little things, and both where things I did to the front IO section, and nothing to do with the "case". which made this mod so easy it was amazing.

Anyway enough stalling here is what I have done so far.

t6ezJSn.jpg

5lHDd0r.jpg

kURuR1i.jpg

Sorry for the crappy phone pics, was All I had on hand.

There will be a part too to this build, I still need to add the legs and bottom half to the frame. Then I'll make a little build out of it and take photos with my DSLR and submit them to the forum thread associated to the video Luke is about to upload to Youtube. I might even do a little spray painting.

Just wanted to say thank you to Luke for kicking my ass into gear and giving me the handy tips to help me get as far as I have already. Keep up the awesome work.

My new Gaming PC.

Spoiler

Case: Coolmaster CM690III, Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR, CPU: I5 6600K 4.6Ghz, OS: Windows 10 HP 64 bit, RAM: X1 8GB G.Skill DDR4, GPU: Galax GTX 960 (Overclocked), Storage: Kingston V300 SSD 120GB(OS), X2 1TB 5400RPM HDD, 500GB Samsung 7200RPM HD, PSU: Cougar RS 750 Watt, Peripherals: Logitech G910 Orion Spark,  World Of Tanks Edition 2014 DeathAdder Razer Mouse And Mouse Pad, Sennheiser HD 518. , Palsonic tftv6042fHD, Logitech Z506 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

3 minutes ago, Mcmole said:

So I watched the custom test bench video Luke( @Slick ) put up on vessel (due fore release to YouTube in 3 days
) and i was inspired. I am about to move to a MUCH MUCH smaller room and house and I have a few old ATX Towers that I don't really want to take with me if Im not going to use them for something... So, long story sort is I often find parts people throw out and I handpick the best bits and make full systems for friends family and so on... Just finished on today with a AMD Phenom X4 840 build and so on.

Which often means im in need of a case to test parts on. Now I have a "Test Bench" and best bit was it was free.

So I followed the video the best I could but I started off with a MUXQZca.jpg AZZA Triton 401 

I could not have found a better case, Alot if not all the pannel's were in "sections" is the besty way to discribe it, with often just 3-4 rivits to hold it in its slot and its made out of a thick steel so moding it was a breeze.

I only had to Angle grind 2 little things, and both where things I did to the front IO section, and nothing to do with the "case". which made this mod so easy it was amazing.

Anyway enough stalling here is what I have done so far.

t6ezJSn.jpg

5lHDd0r.jpg

kURuR1i.jpg

Sorry for the crappy phone pics, was All I had on hand.

There will be a part too to this build, I still need to add the legs and bottom half to the frame. Then I'll make a little build out of it and take photos with my DSLR and submit them to the forum thread associated to the video Luke is about to upload to Youtube. I might even do a little spray painting.

Just wanted to say thank you to Luck for kicking my ass into gear and giving me the handy tips to help me get as far as I have already. Keep up the awesome work.

Great job.  My Caselabs SM8 has a removable motherboard tray and Caselabs provide some rubber feet that simply screw into the bottom of the tray for use as a bench outside of the case.  Should be very easy for you to do something similar with your project.