Beyond castle wolfenstein

Go to solution Solved by Cython,

ok it works with DOSBOX 

( Open dos box main programm, the enter:    

mount c c:\(folder you create on you dirve)

c:

cd:(folder with the game file that you put in the folder you created) 

(Name of the DOS file to start the game)  

Hi, 

Im looking for a way to get Beyond castle wolfenstein ore castle wolfenstein ( really old gammes ) , run on a mac ore a pc ( windows 10 ) 

What should I do ? 

1 minute ago, Cython said:

Hi, 

Im looking for a way to get Beyond castle wolfenstein ore castle wolfenstein ( really old gammes ) , run on a mac ore a pc ( windows 10 ) 

What should I do ? 

A quick search told me those games were ported to DOS. I would suggest a DOS emulator, like DOSbox.

Download a emulator for either Apple II, Atari 8-bit, Commodore 64, DOS (depending on what version you want) -> get the game into your hard drive (either you have the floppy, buy it or pirate it) -> google a tutorial on how to run games via your selected emulator, although it should be pretty simple -> profit !!??

Edited by noisebomb44
better grammar

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

1 minute ago, noisebomb44 said:

Download a emulator for either Apple II, Atari 8-bit, Commodore 64, DOS (depending on what version you want) -> get the game into a rom file (either you have the floppy, buy it or pirate it) -> google a tutorial on how to play it, although it should be pretty simple

Both games are abandonware and can be downloaded freely and run in DOSBOX.

ok it works with DOSBOX 

c:

4 minutes ago, Cython said:

ok it works with DOSBOX 

c:

If you want to automate this process to launch it like a normal game, here is how you do it

https://www.dosbox.com/wiki/DOSBoxShortcuts

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

54 minutes ago, Cython said:

Hi, 

What should I do ? 

As the other posters have mentioned, DOSBox works. I ran Castle Wolfenstein extensively on my old computer. If you take the time to get adjusted to the controls it's a really fun game.

Here is a trick you are going to need. DOSBox defaults to a number of emulated PC cycles which is too fast to run the game. Everything just kind of zooms across the screen. You will need to use the hotkeys to lower and raise the PC cycles to something that feels comfortable to you. This is from the DOSBox Wiki:

"CTRL-F11 (you can go as low as you want) or raise it by hitting CTRL-F12 as much as you want, but you will be limited by the power of one core of your computer's CPU. "

If I remember correctly, I think it's CW.exe to run the game. Best of luck and enjoy!

EDIT:One last thing. Ctrl + F11 lowers and F12 raises, but right next to them is Crtl+F10 which will kill DOSBox. Be careful about mid game cycle switching because its easy to kill your game in mid play.