Wanted to watercool my CPU custom with a 480mm rad and rigid tubing: How do I figure out what fittings to use?

I am going to use rigid pipes for my first PC/custom watercooling setup. I just can't bend them, as I don't have the tools! But I certainly can use special fittings to move them across the case and back (90 degree turns, 45, and such)

How do I know how many of them to use without looking at the case first, I'm ordering it all online and most of these parts are NOT available at my local NCIX, especially the case.

GTX 1070 - Ryzen 5 3600x - Corsair H100i V2 - 32GB DDR4 3200

Spoiler

Check out my Minecraft channel here!

1 minute ago, ZillaGames said:

I am going to use rigid pipes for my first PC/custom watercooling setup. I just can't bend them, as I don't have the tools! But I certainly can use special fittings to move them across the case and back (90 degree turns, 45, and such)

How do I know how many of them to use without looking at the case first, I'm ordering it all online and most of these parts are NOT available at my local NCIX, especially the case.

You would need to map things out with all the rads and blocks in place but just note the cost goes exponentially up if you are to just use straight runs for tubing instead of bending them. 

Just now, W-L said:

You would need to map things out with all the rads and blocks in place but just note the cost goes exponentially up if you are to just use straight runs for tubing instead of bending them. 

How would I bend them accurately, then? Can I bend them while they're attached to the outs and ins so I can navigate them towards where I want them?

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, ZillaGames said:

That will be difficult without having the case in front of you but you could do what I did for a build and use a 3D model to help figure out routes. LINK 

Note: I have no idea how to 3D model. My animation-major roommate helped with that.

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

1 minute ago, tk421 said:

That will be difficult without having the case in front of you but you could do what I did for a build and use a 3D model to help figure out routes. LINK 

Note: I have no idea how to 3D model. My animation-major roommate helped with that.

Will each of the models be the right size?

Spoiler

How would I bend them accurately, then? Can I bend them while they're attached to the outs and ins so I can navigate them towards where I want them?

No that wouldn't give accurate bends, if you want the most accurate as possible a bending kit would be your best option to measure bend and cut the excess to length so it can fit. 

Here is an example they come in different sizes for different tubing dimensions:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/monsoon-hardline-all-pro-deluxe-bender-kit-1-2-x-5-8-16mm.html

Just now, W-L said:

No that wouldn't give accurate bends, if you want the most accurate as possible a bending kit would be your best option to measure bend and cut the excess to length so it can fit. 

Here is an example they come in different sizes for different tubing dimensions:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/monsoon-hardline-all-pro-deluxe-bender-kit-1-2-x-5-8-16mm.html

Geez, I thought it was easier than this for rigid.

Should I just use the flexible ones so I don't stress myself out?

Spoiler

Also, it's not free but Monsoon's bending and cutting kits are great for getting perfect runs. I don't 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

You stole my thunder! LOL, jk. But seriously their bending and cutting kits are fantastic. Basically gives you perfectly accurate runs in followed properly.

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

It's certainly easier to go with flexible tubing.

It mainly takes time a patience to get things right for hardline with the bends and lengths, but if you want to get things together a bit easier soft tube isn't as time consuming. 

Just now, W-L said:

It mainly takes time a patience to get things right for hardline with the bends and lengths, but if you want to get things together a bit easier soft tube isn't as time consuming. 

Do you know any flexible tubes that stay really rigid if you're not bending the crap out of them with your hands? I kinda wanted to make some bends, but they don't need to be perfect

Spoiler

Do you know any flexible tubes that stay really rigid if you're not bending the crap out of them with your hands? I kinda wanted to make some bends, but they don't need to be perfect

No they don't exhibit those characteristics, it's either soft tube or hardline, for soft tube I personally recommend to not have straight runs but to always curve the tubes as it give it a more natural look without the tube being wavy trying to be forced straight. 

2 minutes ago, W-L said:

No they don't exhibit those characteristics, it's either soft tube or hardline, for soft tube I personally recommend to not have straight runs but to always curve the tubes as it give it a more natural look without the tube being wavy trying to be forced straight. 

I just kind of hate having tubes flopping around the place. I've kind of avoided looking at the inside of my PC in the past little while, as it just doesn't look aesthetically pleasing.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, ZillaGames said:

I just kind of hate having tubes flopping around the place. I've kind of avoided looking at the inside of my PC in the past little while, as it just doesn't look aesthetically pleasing.

If the runs are short and the tubing is given nice tight radius's they don't move around very readily unless there is an excess length of tube.

Just now, W-L said:

If the runs are short and the tubing is given nice tight radius's they don't move around very readily unless there is an excess length of tube.

Could I do the same thing with soft tubing that I could do with rigid tubing adding 90 degree turns and such? Some floppiness is fine, but it does solve potential problems if I just make sure the tubing is tight and straight.

Spoiler

Just now, ZillaGames said:

Could I do the same thing with soft tubing that I could do with rigid tubing adding 90 degree turns and such? Some floppiness is fine, but it does solve potential problems if I just make sure the tubing is tight and straight.

It's possible but I don't recommend it as it will move around if an adapter fitting is at the end of a length of tube, unless your willing to invest in the time to do hardline I would suggest to just stick with a simple soft tubing loop. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

It's possible but I don't recommend it as it will move around if an adapter fitting is at the end of a length of tube, unless your willing to invest in the time to do hardline I would suggest to just stick with a simple soft tubing loop. 

:( It's uglier, but I guess you're right

Spoiler