Looking for help with fan optimization in my build in a Corsair 760T with 2 GTX 970's in SLI

I am running two GTX 970's in SLI and a AMD FX-8350 CPU inside a Corsair 760T case which allows for 2 120mm or 140mm fans in the front, a single 120mm or 140mm fan out the back, 3 120mm fan on the top, and a single 120mm fan on the bottom. My question is how many fans and which should be push vs. pull. My current setup is with two 140mm's pulling in the front with an all in one liquid cooler on the CPU dispersing heat to a 120mm radiator out the back with two fan set to push out the back. I am not pleased with the temperatures as they stand with my current fans (all 1000rpm) set to 100% off my fan controller I am seeing 55 Celsius on GPU #1 and 45 Celsius on GPU #2 on idle not overclocked. Not sure what my temps on the GPU's are under load but I can tell you they got upwards of 80 and 90ish and my computer crashes periodically after maybe 2 - 3 hours pushing the cards hard while gaming with extremely high settings and I believe it may be from the heat unless there is another issue I need to trouble shoot. I am not worried about my CPU temp has it is a powerful CPU that doesn't get pushed too hard playing games and keeps very low temps. But I need to get the temps on these cards down if anyone can recommend a better layout with more fans or perhaps better fans if you have any good recommendations on fans. Personally I would like to keep the ones I am currently running for the aesthetics because they are Green LED fans but I am more concerned with cooling and noise level than aesthetics so i'm up for suggestions and your help is greatly appreciated. Also nevermind the fan currently at the bottom I do not use it at the moment as I found it waaay too loud just a cheap fan that I had laying around from god knows where. If I were to put a fan down there it would have to be better than that one.

IMG_1200.JPG

I'd turn that fan on the bottom around so its pulling into the case, and maybe stick 1 or 2 120 MM on top of the case

EDIT: Just finished reading your post, yes you should definitely use that fan on the bottom even if you have to buy a new one.

i7 4790k | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | G.Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB | 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | MSI GTX 970 Twin Frozr V | Fractal Design R4 | EVGA 650W

A gaming PC for your budget: $800 - $1000 - $1500 - $1800 - $2600 - $9001

Remember to quote people if you want them to see your reply!

Yeah I will definitely need a new fan for the bottom there thanks for the input that does seem like a better idea than using it as an exhaust any thoughts on which fan to use? Then if i'm going to add to the top ill probably go with two in the slots closer to the rear.

unless you run it with the side panel off I'd suggest cutting a hole in it and adding a fan to blow and try to get some more air in between those cards and under the bottom, SLI always gets hot on the top, but that extra air should get you a few degrees. what kind of temps in the room it's in?

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

2 minutes ago, Cyracus said:

unless you run it with the side panel off I'd suggest cutting a hole in it and adding a fan to blow and try to get some more air in between those cards and under the bottom, SLI always gets hot on the top, but that extra air should get you a few degrees. what kind of temps in the room it's in?

The room itself has good airflow and is usually cool (i'm in a basement) but no I normally have a side panel on I took it off for the sake of the photo the side panel on the 760T is almost entirely acrylic so I it would probably crack if I cut it besides that would not look very pretty I mean that may look ok on a case without a window but a fan screwed into a acrylic window I don't know if that is necessary. Thanks for your input though :)

measure carefully, measure twice, use a sharp hole saw and drill bit, and use long screws and be careful not to strip them. That is clear tape because the filter didn't sit snug with the 2 screws I had and been to lazy to do anything about it, once I get screws to hold it right the tape will be gone and the hole is 140mm so the angle I took it at makes the hole look undersized but it isn't and yeah, it won't be a huge difference. Try running it with the panel off and see if it still crashes, unless the air is real bad you shouldn't have to worry about dust or anything from just a few hours if your temps come down that tells you it hasn't been getting that cool air very well

WP_20160502_21_32_57_Pro.jpg

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

I would highly recommend getting some static pressure fans for the front two intake fans. The combination of an air restrictive hard drive cage and the distance from your intakes to your GPU's, is certainly a contributing factor in their high temperatures. If I was in your situation, I would ditch all of the LED fans, and replace them with better performers. To compensate for this, I would install an LED strip kit if you wish to keep similar aesthetics.

For fans, I'm a huge fan of the Fractal Design Venturi series. They are great performers, and have an all-black appearance that fits most build schemes.