Synthetic/Artificial Leather vs Genuine Leather wrist rest?

Austin Powers

I'm currently have a hard time choosing one of these. I'm aiming for the ones that can last for a very long long time without wearing or torn. I do know, how to identify them. Synthetic ones have a fine texture. While genuine leather as shown below.

Genuine Leather :

sjFBphoto.jpg

I would usually recommend not going with wrist rests because they will do more damage then good. Between the choices though stick with leather as it will have a much longer durability under constant use. 

Case = Bitfenix Prodigy, Motherboard = P8Z77 - I Deluxe, CPU = 3570k @ 4.2GHz, RAM = 2x 8GB G-Skill Ripjaws, GPU = Sapphire 7950 Boost Edition, Storage = 256GB Samsung 840 Pro.

I would usually recommend not going with wrist rests because they will do more damage then good. Between the choices though stick with leather as it will have a much longer durability under constant use. 

Well, it's way too high for me. It's 30mm thickness from the bottom of the keyboard chassis + keycap in total(the spacebar row) and I have a wrist strain after 30mins+ of typing.

EDIT : Measured thoroughly, it's 39mm

a good quality bonded leather is just fine for most applications. many tiers exist of "fake" leather and even with in genuine leather...not all are created equal. I currently use a Filco Leather wrist rest...love it. Helped my wrists a lot but mine are shitty due to years of football. 

a good quality bonded leather is just fine for most applications. many tiers exist of "fake" leather and even with in genuine leather...not all are created equal. I currently use a Filco Leather wrist rest...love it. Helped my wrists a lot but mine are shitty due to years of football. 

Filco are genuine leather? I thought it was synthetic due to the texture.

filco_full_size_wristrest_large_4.jpg

Someone enlighten me. All this time I thought it was synthetic.

its leather with a coating of polyurethane to make it sweat proof. I am no leather expert but it smells just like legit leather and I do own high graded bonded leather things and they dont smell like leather at all. Its a blend of some kind and its damn good. zero complaints from me. 

its leather with a coating of polyurethane to make it sweat proof. I am no leather expert but it smells just like legit leather and I do own high graded bonded leather things and they dont smell like leather at all. Its a blend of some kind and its damn good. zero complaints from me. 

Well, thanks for the quick reply. I was actually going to choose either 1 from EK or Filco. I guess Filco wrist rest is my final decision. A few sheets of table mats and a Filco wrist rest and it fits the height. :P

Same with the Ducky wrist rest, it's genuine leather and still smells of dye after using it for 6 months.  It's firm with just a tiny bit of give. 

My Stuff:  Corsair Obisidan 550D - Phobya Nano-2G 120mm x 5 - Corsair H100i - MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming - Intel 3570K - G.Skill 8GBx2 1866 - EVGA ACX GTX 780 3GB SuperClocked(Step Up to 780 Ti) - Samsung 840 500GB SSD - WD Black 1TB x 2 - LG Blu-ray - ASUS VG248QE + ASUS PB278Q - Corsair M65 with MM400 Pad - Ducky Shine II MX Brown with Gray/White Keycaps - Corsair K70 MX Red - CoolerMaster Quickfire TK MX Brown - Ducky Pro2 MX Blue with Gray PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Clears with Gray/Blue PBT Keycaps - Ducky Pro2 MX Browns with Light Gray and White PBT Keycaps

no wrist rest. train your hands to hover. destroy your enemies and bathe in the lamentations of their women.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

Elite keyboards has a quite nice wrist rest though for me it wasnt wide enough even though it is wider than average