After market GPU fan coolers.

I don't mean non reference coolers like MSI or ASUS brands. What I'm talking about is something like the "arctic accelero IV"

Does these after market cooler mods make a big difference temp wise compared to the coolers you get from the out the box, and is the noise significantly lower? 

I've been trying to find some example videos on the net and couldn't find much discussion on these kind of mods while there are a ton of videos about CPU coolers.

Everyone knows that silencing a CPU nowadays is easy, but silencing a GPU under load with a air cooler is very hard, yet there is hardly any interest on this topic despite people claiming they have a "silent build"

1 minute ago, Bcat00 said:

I don't mean non reference coolers like MSI or ASUS brands. What I'm talking about is something like the "arctic accelero IV"

Does these after market cooler mods make a big difference temp wise compared to the coolers you get from the out the box, and is the noise significantly lower? 

I've been trying to find some example videos on the net and couldn't find much discussion on these kind of mods while there are a ton of videos about CPU coolers.

Everyone knows that silencing a CPU nowadays is easy, but silencing a GPU under load with a air cooler is very hard, yet there is hardly any interest on this topic despite people claiming they have a "silent build"

A lot of the non reference coolers out there are really good as it is. However, some people ghetto water cool their cards by zip tying an AIO water block to the dye, or get a more classy solution like the NZXT Kraken G10.

ASU

I know of 5

The HG10 (Best performing)

The G10

The Accellero

The S1 (quietest)

The MK-26 (quietest non passive)

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Non-reference models of new 900 series cards are generally quite quiet (from EVGA and MSI anyways...) 

None of the aftermarket ones I have tried/seen tried worked better.

If you really want a near passive card, consider an AIO bracket with a 120/140mm near silent fan (Silent Wings 2 come to mind).

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

was hoping for some fan cooler examples because from my experience, water cooling is not exactly quiet at all (H60)