What processor is good for me?!?!

I don't know what processor I will need for basic gaming such as Dota 2, CSGO, Tera and GTA V.I also watch a lot of videos and movies. I want to get the best performance possible for a budget of 150 dollars. Please help!! :)

budget of 150 on the cpu?  you can basically do any i3 or amd fx cpu.  I love my fx 6300. right now I have about 8 apps open, and a bunch of tabs.  GTA V might bottleneck a little though

https://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80605i5760

This is probably your best option - 4 cores, 2.8GHz

But $150 is a bit restricting; the above CPU probably isn't quite up to par, especially for GTA V

EDIT: This one is really old - 2010, so I would go for a newer model i3 or FX, like Jskn said

Edited by GnatDaGnat
New info

1 minute ago, GnatDaGnat said:

But $150 is a bit restricting; the above CPU probably isn't quite up to par, especially for GTA V

yea.  I dont play anything too big.  So far the biggest thing is rocket league and it seems pretty easy to run

1 minute ago, GnatDaGnat said:

Do you guys think this will do for playing dota 2?

1 minute ago, kdcm17 said:

Do you guys think this will do for playing dota 2?

I actually don't anymore :|

I realized it's super old, so go with a last gen i3 or FX (probably FX 8000 series) like everyone else has been saying

37 minutes ago, kdcm17 said:

I don't know what processor I will need for basic gaming such as Dota 2, CSGO, Tera and GTA V.I also watch a lot of videos and movies. I want to get the best performance possible for a budget of 150 dollars. Please help!! :)

If the $150 is for just the CPU, you can get the 3.7 GHz Intel Core i3-6100 ($125) or the 3.8 GHz Intel Core i3-6300 ($145). The i3 is one of the best entry-level CPUs you can get from Intel.

Alternatively, you can go for the much older FX-8320 ($140). You miss out on DDR4, which is crucial when we're talking about lower end CPUs, especially when faster DDR4 costs the same as DDR3. It's also slower as a CPU. However, you get more threads and more cores, which I can see being helpful in GTA V. Also, you can (officially) overclock this chip, though you will need to pay extra for cooling if you choose to do so.

Either one will easily take DOTA 2 and CS:GO.