Why is my cooler master 212 evo bracket not flush?

ELLYOT

So I'm trying to fit a new hyper 212 and the bracket does not sit flush, one of the 4 ends of the bracket is not flush to the standoff and hangs up in the air. Is this supposed to be like that ? I can fit it but it means I have to press it down and I'm afraid something will crack.

Plz help lol 

d9eee76.jpg

1 minute ago, White Espresso said:

Pictures?

Looks normal to me.

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

As long as they can all reach the mounts to screw into the motherboard, you should be fine. I can't see any obvious bends in the picture. I would just try and install it and see if it all fits together.

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

Thank you guys, i had to press down a bit to get them screwed but all seems okay :)

Appreciate the replies. 

1 hour ago, tk421 said:

As long as they can all reach the mounts to screw into the motherboard, you should be fine. I can't see any obvious bends in the picture. I would just try and install it and see if it all fits together.

I can definitely see it's not completely even as the one side is sticking up.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 hour ago, Godlygamer23 said:

I can definitely see it's not completely even as the one side is sticking up.

Yup!

Well the screws went in the standoffs okay with a little pressure pushing down on the uneven side, it should be okay...right? What signs should I look out for if it was not fitted correctly due to it being even?

Thanks

1 minute ago, ELLYOT said:

Yup!

Well the screws went in the standoffs okay with a little pressure pushing down on the uneven side, it should be okay...right? What signs should I look out for if it was not fitted correctly due to it being even?

Thanks

As long as there's even pressure, and the cooler is making full contact with the CPU, you should be fine. Any kind of lifting on the cooler from the CPU would give some sort of indication that it's not mounted properly, either due to a defect in the product itself, or a defect in the mounting done by the user.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

4 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

As long as there's even pressure, and the cooler is making full contact with the CPU, you should be fine. Any kind of lifting on the cooler from the CPU would give some sort of indication that it's not mounted properly, either due to a defect in the product itself, or a defect in the mounting done by the user.

Well it certainly looks flush, the contact with the cpu. I just had to put pressure on the side which was raised up and hold it down while i screw the others in place then screw that one in with pressure.

It seems like this is a problem with other people too

http://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/23519-cannot-install-cooler-master-hyper-212-evo

I will just hope for the best that it will be alright, lol.

Thanks for the reply bud.