Headphones for mobile phone use

DebatED Nothing

I've gotten to the point where I'm sick of my apple ear buds (not sure how I managed for about a year) and I'd like to get some better over ear headphones to use with my iPod classic and iPhone. I know that "audiophile" headphones often suffer when being driven by phones or other small devices, but I'm not willing to carry an amp around with me, so the headphones will need to be able to be driven by just the phone on it's own. I'd like noise cancellation as well, or at least very good noise isolation. Thanks in advance for any pointers you can give me.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

21 minutes ago, DebatED Nothing said:

I've gotten to the point where I'm sick of my apple ear buds (not sure how I managed for about a year) and I'd like to get some better over ear headphones to use with my iPod classic and iPhone. I know that "audiophile" headphones often suffer when being driven by phones or other small devices, but I'm not willing to carry an amp around with me, so the headphones will need to be able to be driven by just the phone on it's own. I'd like noise cancellation as well, or at least very good noise isolation. Thanks in advance for any pointers you can give me.

lets start with the basics. Would you want in or over ear headphones?

Project "Transcend": i7 7700k-R9 380 4GB by MSi, Z170-HD3P

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $453 ($123 with sales)
  • Games owned: 76
  • Games not played: 40 (53%)
  • Hours on record: 667.0h

16 minutes ago, slanensis said:

lets start with the basics. Would you want in or over ear headphones?

Shit, meant to put that in the OP. I would like over ear headphones, closed back for noise isolation, no more than £200.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

31 minutes ago, DebatED Nothing said:

Shit, meant to put that in the OP. I would like over ear headphones, closed back for noise isolation, no more than £200.

I will refer the Monster N-Tune HD, It is what I am wearing right now. If you want, you can go for gaming headsets, like the craken creative (Metalic). Monster is a brand that is like beats, and actually is paired up to them. My brother managed to pick them up for 30-35 pounds, with a discount.

Project "Transcend": i7 7700k-R9 380 4GB by MSi, Z170-HD3P

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: $453 ($123 with sales)
  • Games owned: 76
  • Games not played: 40 (53%)
  • Hours on record: 667.0h

NAD VISO HP50, PSB M4U2, PSB M4U1, AKG K553, V-Moda Crossfade M-100 (with XL pads), Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7GM.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.