Cryorig H7

BlueLightning
Go to solution Solved by suchamoneypit,

Performance would definitely be better with that cooler, is has much more surface area. It is only $10 more than a 212 evo so im inclinded to say its worth the money. You would likely see a slight performance increase (maybe consider doing a push/pull setup with the fans?) using the sp120

Is this really better or just as good as the hyper 212 evo? And would performance decrease or increase if i exchanged the fans for corairs sp120mm red led fans?

Performance would definitely be better with that cooler, is has much more surface area. It is only $10 more than a 212 evo so im inclinded to say its worth the money. You would likely see a slight performance increase (maybe consider doing a push/pull setup with the fans?) using the sp120

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

If i remember correctly the performance will be much better, but you should just check our lord and savior google, it will be faster than waiting a response.

H7 is better than the 212 evo if my memory doesnt fail me `-`

and corsair SP120 is not a great fan to begin with... so why the swap? aesthetics?

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

5 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

H7 is better than the 212 evo if my memory doesnt fail me `-`

and corsair SP120 is not a great fan to begin with... so why the swap? aesthetics?

Yeah ??

The H7 is quieter than the 212 EVO, and performance of the two is within margin of error (i.e., really really close). The H7 is smaller and, imo, looks better as well.

As for the fan, I had the Cryorig QF120 Performance on mine for a while, and it absolutely improved performance over the stock fan by a couple of degrees. The original fan is on there now that it's cooling a G3258 in my wife's rig and it handles temps like a champ. Can you use a Corsair LED fan? Sure. Would I? No. Corsair fans are louder than the included Cryorig fan and--biggie--they don't support PWM.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/1/2016 at 9:19 PM, DarkRuskov said:

If i remember correctly the performance will be much better, but you should just check our lord and savior google, it will be faster than waiting a response.

Not much better. It's a slight increase. Thermaltake's NiC L32/Frio Silent 14 beat the H7.