Wirelessly linkng routers

Hello i'm Zipzz and im wondering if its possible to put a secondary router in my room so i can use ethernet from it. this being said is it possible to link the second to the first in my parents room without a ethernet connection or could the connect via wifi. im trying to do work for amazon and if i dont have an ethernet connection im screwed. please someone help!!!!

2 minutes ago, ZipzzFTW said:

Hello i'm Zipzz and im wondering if its possible to put a secondary router in my room so i can use ethernet from it. this being said is it possible to link the second to the first in my parents room without a ethernet connection or could the connect via wifi. im trying to do work for amazon and if i dont have an ethernet connection im screwed. please someone help!!!!

Use a WIFI Repeater with a Ethernet port on it. Connect your pc to the Ethernet port on it, connect it to your existing router via WIFI and it is set up. Or you could use powerline.

PC Specs:

Core I5 4690K CPU
Gigabyte GTX 960 windforce 4GB GDDR5 GPU
Corsair 100R case
Seasonic 620W S12-II PSU
Kingston SSDNow 120GB SSD
Toshiba 1TB HDD
Asrock H97 Pro4 motherboard
8GB panram DDR3 1600 RAM
Windows 10 home 64 bit

can i connect a wireless-ac repeater to a wireless-n router

4 minutes ago, Clubconsoles said:

Use a WIFI Repeater with a Ethernet port on it. Connect your pc to the Ethernet port on it, connect it to your existing router via WIFI and it is set up. Or you could use powerline.

1 minute ago, ZipzzFTW said:

yes. If it says 802.11b/g/n/ac you should be able to. Just check it supports 802.11n.

PC Specs:

Core I5 4690K CPU
Gigabyte GTX 960 windforce 4GB GDDR5 GPU
Corsair 100R case
Seasonic 620W S12-II PSU
Kingston SSDNow 120GB SSD
Toshiba 1TB HDD
Asrock H97 Pro4 motherboard
8GB panram DDR3 1600 RAM
Windows 10 home 64 bit

What you're looking for is a wireless router with what is called 'Wireless Bridge' mode, where the router instead of being a wireless AP, it links wirelessly to the other AP and it's Ethernet ports now offer connections to the AP's network, the bridge will do little work other than wireless, DHCP and everything will be handled by the AP.  Not all routers support 'Bridge Mode' however.  Check your firmware.

23 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

What you're looking for is a wireless router with what is called 'Wireless Bridge' mode, where the router instead of being a wireless AP, it links wirelessly to the other AP and it's Ethernet ports now offer connections to the AP's network, the bridge will do little work other than wireless, DHCP and everything will be handled by the AP.  Not all routers support 'Bridge Mode' however.  Check your firmware.

did you see my links both those use repeater mode or bridge mode

as you call it