Gaming rig builds with actual game play FPS

nulswift
Go to solution Solved by Herman Mcpootis,

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($194.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Motherboard: MSI H110M PRO-D Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($48.98 @ Newegg) 
Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($26.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($57.10 @ NCIX US) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380X 4GB PCS+ Myst. Edition Video Card  ($198.98 @ Newegg) 
Case: Xigmatek Spirit M MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($55.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $663.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-30 08:02 EDT-0400

If you can, try for an r9 390. If you need OS, get it from kinguin/reddit for $20-30.

If you're willing to forego the ssd, this will be better.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.89 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  ($299.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: XFX 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($55.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $692.82
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-30 08:14 EDT-0400

Hello,

I've been trying to find a tread or even anything on the web. That will show different gaming rig builds and test them on games after to shoe their performance/FPS. 

I'd like to see what a given combination of parts will give you in terms of game play. 

Looking to play games on my tv at 1080p. Price wise I'm shooting for $700. 

Thanks

Edited by nulswift

Why would you want it btw? Are you planning to build a pc?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

8 minutes ago, nulswift said:

Hello,

I've been trying to find a tread or even anything on the web. That will show different gaming rig builds and test them on games after to shoe their performance/FPS. 

I'd like to see what a given combination of parts will give you in terms of game play. 

Thanks

Besides looking up benchmarks theres not much else. And when it comes to gaming performance you really on need to see benchmarks for the CPU and GPU

Tbh, the most important factor is the game, and the combination of cpu and gpu.

A lower end cpu can throttle a higher end gpu, so that is a factor. Most games are more affected by the gpu, while there are a few that are cpu intensive. This also depends on if you plan to stream or run other programs in the background while you play. General rule is that you get the gpu you want, according to the resolution you wish to play at comfortably.

RAM is easily upgradeable and the difference in speed (mhz) and latency is not easily notable in most situations for casual gaming 16 gb is preferred, 8 if you can only afford that after all things considered. HD vs SDD doesn't really affect in game performance as much as it mostly affects start up and load times. Mobo is related only to the cpu used, the connections you wish to have, and possibly the onboard bios, onboard sound and ability to oc. That by itself shouldn't affect your performance drastically.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

I'm trying to come up with a budget. I want a little future proofing but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg either. 

There are many benchmarks that compare gpu and cpu performance,

generally you can just about expect the FPS that reviewers get with their 5960x rigs

if youve got a recent i5 at least, often a bit more if youve got newer gpu drivers.

6 minutes ago, nulswift said:

I'm trying to come up with a budget. I want a little future proofing but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg either. 

Best way to go about it is simple.

The cheapest is just to do a decent 1080p with decent graphical settings. High or ultra at 60fps.

Cheapest acceptable build will likely be at the 500-700 usd range, while going towards 1000 could get you closer to being able to make an affordable 1440p build. Anything lower than 500 would be a viability, but can't be called future proofing in any way.

Just name the price that you believe you can afford, and mention if you need us to include a monitor or peripherals (mice, keyboard, etc). I would say that this community can help you with that easily.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

Ok. 

One reason I've been looking for FPS is I've read that benchmark don't really compare to FPS. 

2 minutes ago, nulswift said:

Ok. 

One reason I've been looking for FPS is I've read that benchmark don't really compare to FPS. 

So something along these lines are you looking for?

Thanks drewjn. 

I think $700 is a good starting point. I'll be playing on my 1080p TV. Just looking to build a pc. Don't need any peripherals. 

Looking for a nice case to display in the living room. 

12 minutes ago, nulswift said:

Ok. 

The thing is, fps is only a single factor. What matters is also the resolution you play at. Playing a game at 1080p that can run at 60fps would impact less on the hardware than running it at 1440 or 4k resolution. The different gpu on the market are actually in tiers on what it can handle in regards to the resolution, number of monitors, and so on. Thus, we need to know your goals on the build, the pricepoint, and what else you wish to do on it besides gaming.

Edit: just read the most recent post. I'd suggest editing your first post with an Edit: or P.S. with the pricepoint and the fact you wish to play on 1080p. This will make it easier for other posters. I'll refrain from making a build myself, as I believe there are others more in tune with the most recent gpu lines by amd and nvidea.

What I will say though, is only go with a quad core (or higher) i5/i7 Intel cpu. This will be the best for future proofing as more games, especially AAA titles, will be utilizing 4 cores in the future.

Still new, but learning

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($194.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: A-Data Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($57.10 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon R9 380X 4GB PCS+ Myst. Edition Video Card  ($198.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $663.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-30 08:02 EDT-0400

If you can, try for an r9 390. If you need OS, get it from kinguin/reddit for $20-30.

If you're willing to forego the ssd, this will be better.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 2.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 390 8GB Video Card  ($299.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $692.82
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-30 08:14 EDT-0400

Edited by herman mcpootis

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

7 hours ago, HydraGaming said:

So something along these lines are you looking for?

This is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. I've watched many of their videos so far. 

Thank you.