Best 2 Bay NAS ($200-$300)

Hey guys,

Im after a 2 bay NAS for around 200-300 aud. Plans are to run 2x 4tb WD reds in raid 1. Gonna throw the box up in my roof and connect it via Ethernet. I will probably have 2-3 computers connected to it.

I want to have the ability for file sync. I know asustor, synology and qnap have their sync program thing. That's what I would be relying on for these 2ish computers. I'll also be dragging and dropping files and maybe Plex in the future but not right now.

I have heard synology, qnap and austor are pretty good but I'm open to other options.

Thanks

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

39 minutes ago, ClownFace1511 said:

Hey guys,

Im after a 2 bay NAS for around 200-300 aud. Plans are to run 2x 4tb WD reds in raid 1. Gonna throw the box up in my roof and connect it via Ethernet. I will probably have 2-3 computers connected to it.

I want to have the ability for file sync. I know asustor, synology and qnap have their sync program thing. That's what I would be relying on for these 2ish computers. I'll also be dragging and dropping files and maybe Plex in the future but not right now.

I have heard synology, qnap and austor are pretty good but I'm open to other options.

Thanks

Synology has probably the best software of austor and qnap.

My native language is C++

5 hours ago, tt2468 said:

Synology has probably the best software of austor and qnap.

Assumed that. Not sure if its worth to go from a 800mhz CPU to like a 1.3ghz one which is more expensive.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-