i7 5960x @ 4.5Ghz + H110i GT Temps Seem High

I have an i7 5960x OC'd to 4.5 Ghz being cooled by a Corsair H110i GT closed loop cooler.  I have been having some crashes in BF4 lately and it prompted me to run some cooling tests using RealTemp 3.70 w/ Prime95 v26.6 64 bit using small FFT's.  The TJmax is set to 105c.  I know I am overclocked, but my CPU seems to be getting quite a bit hotter than it did when I first installed the cooler.  The cooler is installed on the top of my Corsair 750D in a 2 fan push configuration.  The radiator is clean and I have visually confirmed both fans are working.  I have also checked to make sure the water block is securely fastened to the CPU with no wiggle.

Can somebody take a look at these screenshots below and tell me if I am taking crazy pills?  I know the 5960x can get pretty toasty when overclocked, but I just want to make sure its working within the expected thermal envelope of other users with the same clocks and setups.

Quiet fan / Performance pump profile:
ECDwvID.png

Performance fan & pump profile:
vCU2cgP.png

AI Suite Showing OC settings:
uH5Av5x.png

Here is a screenshot from when I first installed the cooler.  I am fairly certain this was with a 4.5Ghz OC.  Not sure about the fan profile:
Y9agNYh.png

58 minutes ago, oRAirwolf said:
I have an i7 5960x OC'd to 4.5 Ghz being cooled by a Corsair H110i GT closed loop cooler.  I have been having some crashes in BF4 lately and it prompted me to run some cooling tests using RealTemp 3.70 w/ Prime95 v26.6 64 bit using small FFT's.  The TJmax is set to 105c.  I know I am overclocked, but my CPU seems to be getting quite a bit hotter than it did when I first installed the cooler.  The cooler is installed on the top of my Corsair 750D in a 2 fan push configuration.  The radiator is clean and I have visually confirmed both fans are working.  I have also checked to make sure the water block is securely fastened to the CPU with no wiggle.

Can somebody take a look at these screenshots below and tell me if I am taking crazy pills?  I know the 5960x can get pretty toasty when overclocked, but I just want to make sure its working within the expected thermal envelope of other users with the same clocks and setups.

AI Suite Showing OC settings:

Here is a screenshot from when I first installed the cooler.  I am fairly certain this was with a 4.5Ghz OC.  Not sure about the fan profile:

i dont have an i7 processor but i do know they generate a huge amount of heat when overclocked. is there any dust in the fan or stuff in the pipes decreasing performance? is the case cooled enough so the air in the case doesn't heat things up?

60-70C range you seem to be running in is perfectly normal with your cooler, I run around there at 4.6ghz 1.35V and I have a 5820k, you have 2 more cores and are still maintaining the temp area.

Im assuming those 30-35C temp areas are at idle, which are fine, although idle temps dont really matter (unless they were excessively hot)

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

please try a proper test. taking nothing from RealTemp, but the take-away from they sensor test is not true for considerations to load.

use the P95 (using it for the sensor test) with these settings to verify temperature/load:

p95-1344.png

another is not to use adaptive voltage to gauge temperatures while using a benchmark/synthetic stress test.

plus use CPU-Z to monitor what voltages are being used.

2 hours ago, airdeano said:

welcome to the Linus Tech Tips forums!

please try a proper test. taking nothing from RealTemp, but the take-away from they sensor test is not true for considerations to load.

use the P95 (using it for the sensor test) with these settings to verify temperature/load:

p95-1344.png

another is not to use adaptive voltage to gauge temperatures while using a benchmark/synthetic stress test.

plus use CPU-Z to monitor what voltages are being used.

What version of Prime95 should I be using?  The latest?  I have read elsewhere to use version 26.6.  Should I be using all 16 threads or 4 threads like your screenshot?

On 4/29/2016 at 11:22 PM, oRAirwolf said:

ECDwvID.png

vCU2cgP.png

Hey bud, we have very similar hardware with the exception of cooling itself.  I can definitely tell you that on your "Quiet fan / Performance pump profile", you're running really warm for a 4.5 GHz OC on a 5960x.  On your "Performance fan & pump profile" things are looking better, but I can only see the peaks of 4 out of 8 cores because you're using RealTemp.  The regular RealTemp will only display 4 cores the the RealTemp GT will show you 6.  Neither are optimal because you could have one belligerent core that is sailing high into the 90's and wouldn't know it.

Try AIDA 64 or HWMonitor and monitor the individual cores.  

I'd like to hear more specific to your overclock.  There's a chance that we might be able to get that thing dialed in a bit better to help with temps.

23 hours ago, oRAirwolf said:

What version of Prime95 should I be using?  The latest?  I have read elsewhere to use version 26.6.  Should I be using all 16 threads or 4 threads like your screenshot?

If you are going to thoroughly test, you should definitely be using all 16 threads, but I would not personally use Prime95 on my 5960x.  It proves nothing in the way of stability, but is great at heating cores beyond that of anything else.