TheKingOfScandinavia checks in!

Hello all :)

Looking forward to get more alligned with this forum here and get to know y'all better.

Neeeeeeeever having built a computer from scratch I do hope you will bear with me and my stupid questions. I am not new to taking one apart (I have a certificate saying I know how to do that, but what I essentially did was look at my partner doing it :P), but it is completely new to me to find and locate each part, drool over the specs, and then adding it to my wishlist.

I placed the order for the parts today, but afterwards realized I'd forgotten a wireless NIC, but I was already considering just pulling an ethernet cable from my router.

I have a few router questions, but that is for another thread, in another subforum.

Bonus info:

I am hailing from Denmark, the capital of Ikea in the great land of Lalandia :) Or is it Sweden Denmark's located in? :/:/:SO.o

See you all in the forums :)

Don't let life drag you down. Become a King. Become awesome!

Becoming a King was and is to this day the greatest decision of my life. -TheKingOfScandinavia.

Welcome to the forum :)

We enjoy stupid questions so bring them on.

The only true stupid question is one not asked. So please feel free to ask whatever you need.

Just be sure to follow the proper guidelines in each section before posting though.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

18 hours ago, Yummychickenblue said:

Welcome! Is it true what they say? Are you really the king of Scandinavia?

I had hoped it had not come to this...
But yes, I am indeed the almighty King in- and of Scandinavia (although when I look at the box with my nickname on it, the line breaks so it reads 'TheKingOfScandina via member'; see attached picture).

You can call me by full title, Almighty All-knowing Supreme Leader, Friend of God, Slayer of Dragons, and King of all of Scandinavia. Or just by 'K', that's cool too... but not 'TheKing', 'cause there's really only one true 'The King', amirite?

I do rule with an iron fist over Queen Margrethe II of Denmark, that dude in Sweden and whomever is the highest on some mountain in Norway (true fact: the king or queen in Norway is really just the person who is the highest up. That way they also know when to abdicate; when they've gotten too old to be able to live in the height levels with lower oxygen).

20 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Welcome to the forum :)

We enjoy stupid questions so bring them on.

The only true stupid question is one not asked. So please feel free to ask whatever you need.

Just be sure to follow the proper guidelines in each section before posting though.

Thank you :)

My history teacher 'way back when' had a saying that somewhat translates to: "Only the fools remain silent, whilst the smart one in case of doubt asks a second time."

Good to know the same principle somewhat applies here - "it's better to ask, than to remain silent" :)

TheKingOfScandina.png

Edited by TheKingOfScandinavia
added 'or queen'

Don't let life drag you down. Become a King. Become awesome!

Becoming a King was and is to this day the greatest decision of my life. -TheKingOfScandinavia.