Corsair Utility Engine (K95)

DXMember

Long story short - got K95 (MX Brown) today and have few gripes with it:

1. [SOLVED] Whenever Corsair Utility Engine is enabled, they keyboard seems broken - some keystrokes don't register or keys get stuck (this seems to only happen with Corsair Utility Engine launched)

- Tried updating keyboard firmware - it says it's latest - if I force the firmware update it gets stuck at 3% and I have to cancel it

- Tried updating the software - it says it's latest

---Seems like some switches were "dirty" from factory, after  playing around with it and mashing the "bad" keys they came to life

2. I can't seem to be able to create macros that launch applications with command line arguments

- Internet seems to suggest creating shortcuts - those ignore command line arguments when launched from Corsair

- Internet seems to suggest batch scripts - those get the black command prompt window popups

- With my old Logitech G11 it just simply worked and used the command line arguments within the Gaming software

3. I changed my backlight to solid color (background to black), but my WASD and Arrow keys seem to additionally cycle white brightness, and if I switch to Layout 3 I notice additional dark green background

- I've made sure background is off - and it is

- I've tried copy pasting lighting from other keys, but still only the WASD and Arrow keys do that on Layer 1 and on Layer 3 all keys have dark green additionally to my color

4, I can't seem to be able to save the profiles to device memory - whenever I close CUE, the keyboard reverts to factory profile

I'd be really thankful if someone could help me resolve first and second issue, especially the first as it's the most annoying

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

presumably the lighting preset gets programmed onto onboard memory, so set your backlight preference and remove the software i guess, until they fix it. 

reinstalling it and seeing if that helps is another option... unless you tried that, then probably back to the first suggestion...

K95 is quite new isn't it? presumably they're punishing early adopter, as is usual, with the unfinished software features etc. so i suppose you'll have to wait for them to be fixed using whatever work-around available... 

8 hours ago, Un4tural said:

presumably the lighting preset gets programmed onto onboard memory, so set your backlight preference and remove the software i guess, until they fix it. 

reinstalling it and seeing if that helps is another option... unless you tried that, then probably back to the first suggestion...

K95 is quite new isn't it? presumably they're punishing early adopter, as is usual, with the unfinished software features etc. so i suppose you'll have to wait for them to be fixed using whatever work-around available... 

the whole K95, K70, K65 RGB lineup seems to be at least a year old with even a couple of hardware revisions on the keyboard side

Would you be so kind and tell me how to push the profiles to onboard memory? I'd love to do that.
I mean I found the button that tells it's supposed to save to device memory, but all it does is draw a little chip besides the profile and whenever I exit the software the profile is gone, and if I start it again the chip is gone...

Also I've noticed the Software quite often fails to detect the presence of keyboard...
I've just reinstalled the software it still does that

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133563

sorry i do not use a corsair board, but according to this you can push a static color to stay there. 

i would also give a go at using it on another PC, if the keyboard is acting up might be worth contacting corsair about RMA.

totally thought k95 was really new somewhy.

The "sticky keys" wore out, I really seems like some couple of switches where dirty from the factory. After using it for a while the problem kind of went away.

Still have the issue with CUE being dodgy about working with my keyboard and haven't figured out how to set up comandline arguments for macro shortcuts

I have the K65, and I always have problems with my RGB lighting, at least within the CUE. Firstly I always have to make sure that I save my lighting profile onto the device memory, even then though I some of the LEDs will still not stay correct. I am not sure why some of your key presses aren't registering, I know that when I update CUE it takes a while but it does finish eventually. How long are you leaving it stuck at 3%? Because that sounds like a firmware problem.

So this is where the fun part comes in, if simply saving the profile to your device memory then here is my next solution,

I'm going off memory because I'm away from my home computer right now but if you are still having problems make sure that Synchronized Lighting is disabled (this feature is to sync the RGB lights of a corsair mouse with the keyboard) After you disable this, click the drop-down bar on the left side of CUE and create a new lighting profile. From here you can set each RGB to the color or color pattern that you would like, and again be sure to save it to your device memory.

Again this is all from memory so I will take a look later today and update and discrepancies. Hope this helps!

13 minutes ago, Poopenflaggen said:

I have the K65, and I always have problems with my RGB lighting, at least within the CUE. Firstly I always have to make sure that I save my lighting profile onto the device memory, even then though I some of the LEDs will still not stay correct. I am not sure why some of your key presses aren't registering, I know that when I update CUE it takes a while but it does finish eventually. How long are you leaving it stuck at 3%? Because that sounds like a firmware problem.

So this is where the fun part comes in, if simply saving the profile to your device memory then here is my next solution,

I'm going off memory because I'm away from my home computer right now but if you are still having problems make sure that Synchronized Lighting is disabled (this feature is to sync the RGB lights of a corsair mouse with the keyboard) After you disable this, click the drop-down bar on the left side of CUE and create a new lighting profile. From here you can set each RGB to the color or color pattern that you would like, and again be sure to save it to your device memory.

Again this is all from memory so I will take a look later today and update and discrepancies. Hope this helps!

nope, doesn't work - can't save it to device memory

CUE shows that it's saved but if I quit CUE the profile doesn't work

it's stuck on 3% only when updating firmware, I did manage to however successfully update the firmware twice after restarting CUE multiple times - both times when it worked the process took less than 20 seconds

cue often times shows device malfunction, multiple times restarting CUE or the keyboard (flipping the polling rate switch back and forth) makes it detect corectly

What version of the firmware is CUE reporting your keyboard is using, and what is the latest version on their website to download?  I bought a K95 RGB close to when they first came out, and firmware updates made it work infinitely better.  The key might be to get that firmware update to finally go through.

1 hour ago, ShaithEatery said:

What version of the firmware is CUE reporting your keyboard is using, and what is the latest version on their website to download?  I bought a K95 RGB close to when they first came out, and firmware updates made it work infinitely better.  The key might be to get that firmware update to finally go through.

firmware right now reports 1.33

it came out of the box with 1.33

CUE says it's the latest version already running

I did manage to force update it like 20 times, only two of those ties were successful

Might be a problem that you need to just send it in to get checked out, they'll probably just replace it. They will probably just send you a new one, it's easier for them that way. Otherwise I'm stumped.