Thoughts on Phanteks PH-F140XP / PH-F120XP?

steffeeh

I've been looking at new case fans for a while, finding one great fan only to be beaten by a new one.

But I feel I've finally found the ultimate ones for my case - 2x Phanteks PH-F140XP in the front as intake, and 1x Phanteks PH-F120XP in the back as exhaust.

The numbers on the marketing side may not look the greatest, but in tests that I've watched they're simply dead silent, yet still have good airflow and static pressure.

(the test videos are below)

However, these figures, as well as the test results doesn't tell much if these fans really are that good being attached to cases in particular, or if they're not as good on cases but better on radiators and such?

Do you have any thoughts or experiences on these fans? It would be lovely if they performed as good attached on cases as they seem to do, I even have the feeling they beat the Silent Wings on the audio level in addition to the airflow/pressure and pricing.

Do you have any other suggestions on fans that may beat these?

Asus X99-A w/ BIOS 3402 | Intel i7 5820k OC @4.4GHz 1.28V w/ Noctua NH-U14S | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 OC @2666MHz 12-14-14-28 | Asus Geforce GTX970 STRIX OC | EVGA 750 G2 750W | Samsung 850 Evo 1 TB | Windows 10 64-bit | Be-Quiet Silent Base 800 w/ Silent Wings | 2x Dell U2414H OC @72Hz w/ Display Port

Don't forget to invest in an Intel Tuning Plan if you're going to overvolt your K/X CPU

2 minutes ago, steffeeh said:

They're pretty excellent fans phans, Phanteks is known for good stuff. Noctuas or be quiets would also be options.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

They're great all-around fans and are quiet. They aren't as quiet as SW2's though. 

Depending on the use case, there are better fans. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I've honestly been looking everywhere (done further searchings since I posted), but I can't find any fans that can deliver such good airflow and airpressure at that low audio level as the Phanteks XP ones.

I can imagine Silent Wings 2 being even quieter as they're the most praised ones all over the internet in terms of loudness, but they don't have as good airflow and airpressure.

If I was only to buy the quietest fans possible I'd prbably go with the SW2, but I have to improve the airflow and pressure a lot in my case so they wouldn't work for me, also I need 140mm as intake and 120mm as exhaust and the SW2 pretty much have better airflow than pressure in the 140mm and vice versa for the 120mm so it wouldn't work that well.

Not to mention that I probably wouldn't hear the difference between the Phanteks XP's and the SW2's as the ambient noise level would cover up the difference.

I'd surely recommend SW2's to people seeking the quietest solution possible, though they simply won't work in my case :)

There are people elsewhere saying that the PH-F140MP and  PH-F120MP are better than the XP ones, but it just seems louder and have not as good numbers. Any thoughts on this?

Asus X99-A w/ BIOS 3402 | Intel i7 5820k OC @4.4GHz 1.28V w/ Noctua NH-U14S | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 OC @2666MHz 12-14-14-28 | Asus Geforce GTX970 STRIX OC | EVGA 750 G2 750W | Samsung 850 Evo 1 TB | Windows 10 64-bit | Be-Quiet Silent Base 800 w/ Silent Wings | 2x Dell U2414H OC @72Hz w/ Display Port

Don't forget to invest in an Intel Tuning Plan if you're going to overvolt your K/X CPU