Where do Linus's computers go?

Go to solution Solved by Aereldor,

Team LMG disassembles them, re-packages the parts he was sent by sponsors, and sends them back. Occasionally, they keep them and put them to use at the office.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Where do all the computers that are built on Linus Tech Tips go? Just Wondering...

Team LMG disassembles them, re-packages the parts he was sent by sponsors, and sends them back. Occasionally, they keep them and put them to use at the office.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, ethanthecellist said:

Where do all the computers that are built on Linus Tech Tips go? Just Wondering...

Probably they just deconstruct them and sell or keep the parts for further builds. 

Their office's storage place

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Aereldor said:

Correct me if I'm wrong.

What about the ones he builds on scrapyard wars?

1 minute ago, ethanthecellist said:

What about the ones he builds on scrapyard wars?

As far as I know, he's kept all of them. They even used a combination of the original rigs in Scrapyard Wars 1 in their CPU IPC comparison.

As someone else said, they get disassembled and the parts gets sent back to sponsors. When they are allowed to keep the parts they either gets sold (someone saw a Craigslist add for 7 R9 Nanos shortly after the "7 gamers 1 tower" video) or put in their storage for future use/sales.

Either that or Linus breaks something and they throw it in the garbage...