Is It running too hot ?

potato_curry

I recently Got a GTX 960 4GB by ZOTAC, i have capped all my games to a solid 60 FPS. Surprisingly, the GPU temps are between 50 and 65 (degrees Celsius). but my CPU (intel core i5 4440 3.1GHz) runs at 65 to 75 (degrees Celsius). when i left my PC on idle for about half an hour (with sleeping dogs running in the background), i got back to see that my CPU was running at temperatures like 90 and 92 (degrees Celsius). when i quit and started again i ran it for 4 hours at 69 and 70 (deg Celsius). Was using MSI afterburner to monitor the temps.
Okay now, was that normal? And is there anyway to evenly distribute the load between the GPU and the CPU?
All Help appreciated.
Cheers!

85*C max for the GPU and CPU is what the safe temps are

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

Are you running the Intel stock cooler? Make sure it's properly installed by checking the push pins. Your GPU temps are perfectly fine.

What's your case and what fan configuration does it have?

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

28 minutes ago, Pandalf said:

Are you running the Intel stock cooler? Make sure it's properly installed by checking the push pins. Your GPU temps are perfectly fine.

What's your case and what fan configuration does it have?

some XPRO cabinet with Decent Ventilation. the room temp is around 25 to 30 (degrees Celsius). Intel Stock cooler yes. and im worried about my CPU more than my GPU, i assume you already figured it out. I'm relatively new to this Tech Stuff. its the one to the extreme left (not exactly but the ventilation is in that form). Thanks !

1.jpg

8 minutes ago, potato_curry said:

some XPRO cabinet with Decent Ventilation. the room temp is around 25 to 30 (degrees Celsius). Intel Stock cooler yes. and im worried about my CPU more than my GPU, i assume you already figured it out. I'm relatively new to this Tech Stuff. its the one to the extreme left (not exactly but the ventilation is in that form). Thanks !

It probably doesn't have a decent ventilation, because it turns into a furnace. It should have at least one intake and one exhaust fan. Your system doesn't produce a lot of heat though.

Check if the CPU cooler is seated properly. If your case has access to the bracket on the back of your motherboard, check if the push pins are how they should be.

LGA1156_DSCF5059.jpg

If they all are like on the right picture, then the heatsink is properly installed. I strongly suggest replacing the stock cooler with something better like the Cooler Master TX3 Evo or the Arctic Freezer i11. Both are inexpensive solutions that have much better cooling capabilities.

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

7 hours ago, Pandalf said:

It probably doesn't have a decent ventilation, because it turns into a furnace. It should have at least one intake and one exhaust fan. Your system doesn't produce a lot of heat though.

Check if the CPU cooler is seated properly. If your case has access to the bracket on the back of your motherboard, check if the push pins are how they should be.

LGA1156_DSCF5059.jpg

If they all are like on the right picture, then the heatsink is properly installed. I strongly suggest replacing the stock cooler with something better like the Cooler Master TX3 Evo or the Arctic Freezer i11. Both are inexpensive solutions that have much better cooling capabilities.

Thanks so much. This really helped.
Cheers!

On 4/27/2016 at 6:10 AM, potato_curry said:

Thanks so much. This really helped.
Cheers!

Okay, now ive blanced my CPU and GPU temps thru the NVIDIA control panel. now my gpu runs at a solid 75C and my CPU goes to a maximum of 65C (and it gets from 49C to 65C in about 30 mins(while playing sleeping dogs) ) .
But my Pc randomly keeps Restarting. Happened twice today.
Worried about it happening again. Please help ?

Are you using some kind of OverClock?

Maybe you have to change your case, or, if possible, use another CPU Cooler.

I use one PNY GTX960 2GB with a i5 4690k. My CPU stays around 60 degrees celsius.I'm not using any kind of OC btw