Please help, sound blaster z isn't as loud as it use to be anymore.

tuunade98

Just woke up this morning, turned on my pc and noticed that my headphones both of them aren't sounding as loud as they use to be anymore. For example my dt 990 pros, to be able to listen to them without going deaf i had to set the sound volume on the SBZ control panel at 45%, but now at 45% the sound seems much quieter then usual. I now have to actually bump the volume up to 100% for my dt 990s to sound decent, doesn't matter what im doing games/music, its all the same. Same goes for my ad900x's which aren't even hard to drive, I now can bump up the volume from 35% to like 70% for it to actually sound decent. Is it just me getting use to the headphones and sound, or is it just a case of burn in? Or maybe my sound card is dying on me? I really notice the difference with my dt 990s as at 45% volume it use to be quite loud in games like the division and somewhat even sibilant, now its just quiet at 45%. I have to actually bump the volume on my dt 990 pros to 100% for me to actually enjoy the sound coming from a game like the division. 

1 hour ago, tuunade98 said:

Just woke up this morning, turned on my pc and noticed that my headphones both of them aren't sounding as loud as they use to be anymore. For example my dt 990 pros, to be able to listen to them without going deaf i had to set the sound volume on the SBZ control panel at 45%, but now at 45% the sound seems much quieter then usual. I now have to actually bump the volume up to 100% for my dt 990s to sound decent, doesn't matter what im doing games/music, its all the same. Same goes for my ad900x's which aren't even hard to drive, I now can bump up the volume from 35% to like 70% for it to actually sound decent. Is it just me getting use to the headphones and sound, or is it just a case of burn in? Or maybe my sound card is dying on me? I really notice the difference with my dt 990s as at 45% volume it use to be quite loud in games like the division and somewhat even sibilant, now its just quiet at 45%. I have to actually bump the volume on my dt 990 pros to 100% for me to actually enjoy the sound coming from a game like the division. 

its possibly dying

well great... I was planning on getting a magni 2 uber soon anyway, but now would i have to get a dac as well? sigh......

19 minutes ago, tuunade98 said:

well great... I was planning on getting a magni 2 uber soon anyway, but now would i have to get a dac as well? sigh......

Just run it off your onboard...???

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

the dac in my onboard still be fine? I got an asus maximus vii ranger motherboard.

15 minutes ago, tuunade98 said:

the dac in my onboard still be fine? I got an asus maximus vii ranger motherboard.

I don't see a problem with it.  In fact, it's probably better than the Soundblaster Z.

Speakers - KEF LSX

as I've read, there is absolutely no point in getting an external DAC, unless im mainly listening to music right? Oh and if im hearing cracking or bad noise that I'm not suppose to be hearing? 

14 minutes ago, tuunade98 said:

as I've read, there is absolutely no point in getting an external DAC, unless im mainly listening to music right? Oh and if im hearing cracking or bad noise that I'm not suppose to be hearing? 

there I fixed your sentence.

Speakers - KEF LSX

2 hours ago, Pomfinator said:

I don't see a problem with it.  In fact, it's probably better than the Soundblaster Z.

So god damn true xD 

as I've read, there is absolutely no point in getting an external DAC

Nope.

Oh and if im hearing cracking or bad noise that I'm not suppose to be hearing? 

@SSL has a guide that maybe can help you.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.