I can finally upgrade!

Norup

Dear LTT forum!

I have finally come to the conclusion that I need a new gaming PC. I will try to give you as many answers as I possibly can as I won't be able to answer your comments for a few hours.

I'm from Denmark so there will be wrong spelling and weird sentence construction, my apologies. I would like to spend 10.000 DKK on my new rig, that's equal to 1.500 USD. I do have a 2.000 DKK buffer (=300 USD) if need be but I wouldn't mind not spending the money.

For now I mostly play Rocket League, Heroes of the Storm, CS:GO and other multiplayer games that isn't too heavy. I do like to play some single player games such as Project Cars. So I want a PC that can give me a really good experience with aforementioned multiplayer games and also strong enough to make Project Cars realistic and beautiful. I do want a good computer even though I, for the most part, doesn't play exceptionally heavy games. This is combined with having two monitors. Both is standard full hd monitors but the primary monitor will be upgraded when I have build my new PC. The second monitor only has HDMI and VGA input (which is unfortunate) but HDMI works great. I would dig a better resolution than full hd, so the PC should naturally be able to perform on a better-than-1080p monitor. And if you have good ideas for such a monitor, feel free to speak out.

As for components I'm open. I've done a few thoughts myself but I will only mention a few preferences. Although you don't need to take them into consideration and they're excluded from the primary 1.500 USD but I certainly wouldn't mind the 300 USD buffer to cover the costs.

- first preference is the expensive but absolutely beautiful Phanteks EVOLV ATX. Review by HardwareCanucks.

- Case should be either black, silver or grey (or amongst those colours) and imo would match interior illumination, possibly red. (Definitely not the horrendous silver/blue theme as demonstrated in Scrap Yard Wars)

- Interior illumination will most probably be NZXT Hue+.

- I should be able to install Windows although this might be a problem with the case

As for peripherals I use the standard mouse, headphones and keyboard but I wouldn't mind being able to upgrade for a separate microphone or something like that.

As I have mentioned previously, my current computer needs to get replaced. It's just old and I have no idea which components are inside. But if you have some tips and tricks to make my current PC live a little longer feel free to share your knowledge. As for tips to building the machine I would appreciate those as well but I will (re)watch some of the LTT videos on the matter.

And any ideas concerning looks and whatever is more than welcome!

Great thanks for your help in advance - I'll be back answering all your questions in a few hours!

Best Regards

Norup

" Rocket League, Heroes of the Storm, CS:GO and other multiplayer games that isn't too heavy. "

980 Ti is slight over kill I would say. Can get an R9 390 8GB for $400 or so

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/CPfGmG

Cheaper and it has mass storage. But that's just me.

I'm ignoring the preferences as you said we're allowed to, but here's my recommendation.

Yes, it's nowhere near 1500USD, but anything more than this is overkill. Although you're free to suggest what you need added, like a higher rated PSU or an SSD if you'd like.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($194.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($53.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory  ($36.99 @ Micro Center)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($45.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card  ($317.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1000 USB 3.0 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 520W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($73.77 @ Amazon)
Total: $757.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-25 18:18 EDT-0400

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

Thanks for all the great replies! I'll be looking in to some of the stuff you said.

@Shahnewaz It's correct that 1500 USD might be too much to spend on a rig that can both look cool and perform good and it's nice to see that you've taken that into consideration.

@Josephdalepi I'm intrigued by your suggestion but I'm afraid that for now I'll have to agree with @Mikius10001 on some parts being overkill. But all in all both of the suggestions are good and I'll probably find something in-between.

I won't be doing any overclocking though.

But I'll be happy to keep you up-to-date with my decisions and I might even make another post when I think I'm done with the planning.

12 hours ago, Norup said:

Thanks for all the great replies! I'll be looking in to some of the stuff you said.

@Shahnewaz It's correct that 1500 USD might be too much to spend on a rig that can both look cool and perform good and it's nice to see that you've taken that into consideration.

@Josephdalepi I'm intrigued by your suggestion but I'm afraid that for now I'll have to agree with @Mikius10001 on some parts being overkill. But all in all both of the suggestions are good and I'll probably find something in-between.

I won't be doing any overclocking though.

But I'll be happy to keep you up-to-date with my decisions and I might even make another post when I think I'm done with the planning.

oof

good point

didnt even notice the games

was mostly just thinking about performance