Wattage difference between UPS & PSU?

Keiichi

So I noticed that on my UPS's display screen & software console that it shows a different wattage vs that of what is shown on my PSU (via Corsair Link).

At the desktop the UPS shows I'm using 90-99watts not doing much of anything pretty much idle (there is also the monitor and external HD thats connected to the UPS knowing its using some power too).

However Corsair Link is saying that my desktop is using between 148-155watts power in, then its 132-139 power out efficiency (I'm running a HX1000i)

I'm curious as why it is different between the read outs? I'm guessing this has to do with the whole AC to DC conversions and also how the UPS is outputting 120v where as the PSU wants to run at 115v?

Pretty much wanting to know how it works out to being less watts on the UPS vs how its more watts on the PSU.

1 hour ago, dbzgod said:

So I noticed that on my UPS's display screen & software console that it shows a different wattage vs that of what is shown on my PSU (via Corsair Link).

At the desktop the UPS shows I'm using 90-99watts not doing much of anything pretty much idle (there is also the monitor and external HD thats connected to the UPS knowing its using some power too).

However Corsair Link is saying that my desktop is using between 148-155watts power in, then its 132-139 power out efficiency (I'm running a HX1000i)

I'm curious as why it is different between the read outs? I'm guessing this has to do with the whole AC to DC conversions and also how the UPS is outputting 120v where as the PSU wants to run at 115v?

Pretty much wanting to know how it works out to being less watts on the UPS vs how its more watts on the PSU.

I wouldn't put a lot of faith into the Corsair Link software.  It's just a rough estimate.

Even a dedicated power meter like the Kill-A-Watt can be inaccurate to the point that the AC power as shown to be lowered than even DC, as such I would expect the same with a PSU/UPS - seeing how a their primary function isn't to provide power readouts. 

Anyways, here a review of the HX1000i: http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story4&reid=394

There's a link of each test on that the Progressive Load Test table. You can compared the AC/DC readings of Corsair Link and Jeremy's testing equipment.