bootable usb errors?

KabuTheFox

trying to create a bootable usb but the iso keeps failing, tried 2 usbs and 2 different programs (poweriso and rufus, poweriso skips the failed section and rufus straight up stops and cancels itself)
is there something else i could be doing wrong or would it solely be the iso in this case? (and to clarify so no one gets the wrong idea this is a legitimate iso for win7 pro)

(it failed with or without the fixes and extra options at the bottom, was just testing out different things before coming here)
Xqck6wy.png

1 hour ago, KabuTheFox said:

trying to create a bootable usb but the iso keeps failing, tried 2 usbs and 2 different programs (poweriso and rufus, poweriso skips the failed section and rufus straight up stops and cancels itself)
is there something else i could be doing wrong or would it solely be the iso in this case? (and to clarify so no one gets the wrong idea this is a legitimate iso for win7 pro)

(it failed with or without the fixes and extra options at the bottom, was just testing out different things before coming here)

Try formatting the drive as FAT32.

Edited by GoodBytes
removed image

ASU

4 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Try formatting the drive as FAT32.

telling me to select a different file system

should i change partition scheme or cluster allocation?

assuming you're installing windows 7 like you mentioned in your previous post

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

13 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

assuming you're installing windows 7 like you mentioned in your previous post

since im not using a disk, time to open up daemon tools again i suppose
ill post again when this is all set and done

1 minute ago, KabuTheFox said:

since im not using a disk, time to open up daemon tools again i suppose
ill post again when this is all set and done

you can download the iso and mount it and copy from there `-`

i just use winrar to extract it though lol

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

It might be your board or BIOS settings. Can you try the stick out in some other machine just to rule this out?

I just mean, if you have USB-booting disabled in BIOS for instance, nothing you do to the stick itself will fix it. 

14 minutes ago, Moonzy said:

you can download the iso and mount it and copy from there `-`

i just use winrar to extract it though lol

what daemon tools does

ended up getting a error about some file in iso not being a recognizable ms-dos file, skipped it and it froze my laptop for a bit, though curiously when i did skip all errors (even though it was the only 1) it continued on fine....not sure what the file is and why its being like this

editted: some file called bootsect.exe.mui
any ideas?

4 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

It might be your board or BIOS settings. Can you try the stick out in some other machine just to rule this out?

I just mean, if you have USB-booting disabled in BIOS for instance, nothing you do to the stick itself will fix it. 

nope no other machine

2 minutes ago, KabuTheFox said:

nope no other machine

Well, if you want to look into it, I can verify that the Memtest86+ auto-creation tool doesn't require any 'making it bootable' -stuff. Just install it onto a clean stick. It's the link that says "Download - Auto-installer for USB Key (Win 9x/2k/xp/7) *NEW!*" here. This is specifically Memtest86+, not Memtest86. 

Basically, if that stick works, your booting to USB works. If it doesn't, look into it more. Once you boot to the stick (either via boot override or by setting the USB stick as 1st boot device in BIOS), it'll boot into the test and start running it without having to make any selections or adjusting settings. Should look like this.

5 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

Well, if you want to look into it, I can verify that the Memtest86+ auto-creation tool doesn't require any 'making it bootable' -stuff. Just install it onto a clean stick. It's the link that says "Download - Auto-installer for USB Key (Win 9x/2k/xp/7) *NEW!*" here. This is specifically Memtest86+, not Memtest86. 

Basically, if that stick works, your booting to USB works. If it doesn't, look into it more. Once you boot to the stick (either via boot override or by setting the USB stick as 1st boot device in BIOS), it'll boot into the test and start running it without having to make any selections or adjusting settings. Should look like this.

got it to boot up to and load windows 7 though now its stuck on a screen saying "load driver: no device drivers were found. make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers."

appearantly it is because the usb is trying to install the os onto itself but i have no idea how to change that

1 minute ago, KabuTheFox said:

got it to boot up to and load windows 7 though now its stuck on a screen saying "load driver: no device drivers were found. make sure the installation media contains the correct drivers."

Well, that's a step forward. You need to load the Sata/RAID drives. You can include them onto the stick you're using ir you can use some other Stick or even a DVD. So download the drives form your motherboard manufacturer website, unzip them onto a stick and plug that in once you get to that point. Then you can load them by clicking browse.

43 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

Well, that's a step forward. You need to load the Sata/RAID drives. You can include them onto the stick you're using ir you can use some other Stick or even a DVD. So download the drives form your motherboard manufacturer website, unzip them onto a stick and plug that in once you get to that point. Then you can load them by clicking browse.

downloaded all the current drivers from msi's site for my motherboard but it is not detecting them. detects the usb fine and i can look through it's folders but still getting the same error

18 minutes ago, KabuTheFox said:

downloaded all the current drivers from msi's site for my motherboard but it is not detecting them. detects the usb fine and i can look through it's folders but still getting the same error

Well, if the motherboard manufacturer won't provide the F6 sata driver, maybe the chip manufacturer will. Changing the sata mode to Sata as opposed to AHCI or RAID can help with this particular problem but will create others (such as disabling TRIM) so don't go there head-on. 

7 hours ago, Naeaes said:

Well, if the motherboard manufacturer won't provide the F6 sata driver, maybe the chip manufacturer will. Changing the sata mode to Sata as opposed to AHCI or RAID can help with this particular problem but will create others (such as disabling TRIM) so don't go there head-on. 

Well msi does have a sata/achi driver did not think to try that one first. Only tested the entire flashdrive and the chipset driver folder to no avail. 

I will try specifically the sata driver when I get home. 

14 hours ago, Naeaes said:

update: 
it started to install the sata/ahci driver but ended up getting a popup telling me it could not be installed and to contact my vendor for a uptodate driver....this is the newest driver from msi for this board

i also get an error other times telling me to make sure the files are in the right place....not sure what the right place would be besides for on that flashdrive 
this is getting very much headache inducing

20 minutes ago, KabuTheFox said:

update: 
it started to install the sata/ahci driver but ended up getting a popup telling me it could not be installed and to contact my vendor for a uptodate driver....this is the newest driver from msi for this board

i also get an error other times telling me to make sure the files are in the right place....not sure what the right place would be besides for on that flashdrive 
this is getting very much headache inducing

You wouldn't happen to have the driver DVD for the board would you?

1 hour ago, Naeaes said:

You wouldn't happen to have the driver DVD for the board would you?

i do just tried it same results, though it won't even try to install it
says something like "No new devices could be found. Make sure the driver files are correct and located on the driver installation media."

(using a usb disk drive if it matters, my case has no disk bay)

what am i doing wrong?

bump

also to clarify i am using 2 usb flashdrives in this process. 1 for the os install and 1 for the drivers, both are fat32 (4096 cluster allocation)

38 minutes ago, KabuTheFox said:

bump

also to clarify i am using 2 usb flashdrives in this process. 1 for the os install and 1 for the drivers, both are fat32 (4096 cluster allocation)

This should work. You pick the driver file. Probably something along the lines of iastora.sys. And after it loads it, it shows all the drives. Then you just pick the one you want the windows to install on. I'm running out of ideas.

3 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

This should work. You pick the driver file. Probably something along the lines of iastora.sys. And after it loads it, it shows all the drives. Then you just pick the one you want the windows to install on. I'm running out of ideas.

i cannot see the files themselves just the folders .-. 
my pc chooses which 1 is compatibile but that one never works anyways
less i go into the repair options but from there theres so many options i am not sure which one i even want, i just know its one of the 3 with the same name