Polaris VS. Pascal so far...

9 minutes ago, jwakeford said:

Watch more of his vids, he is actually very impartial. He knocks on amd when they deserve and Nvidia same. 
He recommends buying Nvidia GPU for his latest gaming build guide because they are better for now. 

The guy is like a conspiracy theorist. He puts out these crazy ideas and theories that "he" believes. Just don't expect me to believe what he is saying because of his theories.

It's like me creating an nVidia "master plan" video where in the future all cars are driven by Tesla's, brain transplants consist of Quadro's for calculations, and wireless graphics cards. It's just pure entertainment.

The reason nVidia is getting into the compute market i.e. supercomputer/data centers/self driving cars is called expanding your business. Something AMD could only ever dream of. That's where the money is. We as customers are like a fart in the wind compared to the professional market. nVidia Pascal GPU's will consist of 873 professional cards in the United States weather service center upgrade. Their premier Volta GPU's will be featured in the United States supercomputer in 2018. 

Now, would you rather sell consoles where you see measly ass returns, or sell millions upon millions in the professional market? That's called a smart, expanding business.

AMD is just a pebble in comparison to the sheer size of nVidia. nVidia's pockets are far deeper than any of us could sniff in 1000 lifetimes. Meanwhile, AMD is struggling to stay afloat and will be in serious trouble if they can't conjure the cash needed to pay off debts by 1/1/2019. Now I certainly hope they find better days because I would hate to see them go under. They've been around a long time (1969) and have made many wonderful products through the years.

The thing is, this guy is giving his own opinion on something that none of us know. To take it as gospel, well... the joke is on you.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

He's not saying that Nvidia is doomed as a whole, merely that we are in the process of seeing a change in the consumer grade GPU market. 

Indeed there is much more money to be made in the pro markets - but the focus of his analysis is what interests US the consumers. 

AMD is in fact not as much an underdog as we might have thought and Nvidia may very well not be the all mighty god of gaming GPUs we thought they would forever be.

I believe those videos are therefore very relevant.  

7 minutes ago, VagabondWraith said:

The guy is like a conspiracy theorist. He puts out these crazy ideas and theories that "he" believes. Just don't expect me to believe what he is saying because of his theories.

It's like me creating an nVidia "master plan" video where in the future all cars are driven by Tesla's, brain transplants consist of Quadro's for calculations, and wireless graphics cards. It's just pure entertainment.

The reason nVidia is getting into the compute market i.e. supercomputer/data centers/self driving cars is called expanding your business. Something AMD could only ever dream of. That's where the money is. We as customers are like a fart in the wind compared to the professional market. nVidia Pascal GPU's will consist of 873 professional cards in the United States weather service center upgrade. Their premier Volta GPU's will be featured in the United States supercomputer in 2018. 

Now, would you rather sell consoles where you see measly ass returns, or sell millions upon millions in the professional market? That's called a smart, expanding business.

AMD is just a pebble in comparison to the sheer size of nVidia. nVidia's pockets are far deeper than any of us could sniff in 1000 lifetimes. Meanwhile, AMD is struggling to stay afloat and will be in serious trouble if they can't conjure the cash needed to pay off debts by 1/1/2019. Now I certainly hope they find better days because I would hate to see them go under. They've been around a long time (1969) and have made many wonderful products through the years.

The thing is, this guy is giving his own opinion on something that none of us know. To take it as gospel, well... the joke is on you.

As for his "theories" he has quite the references to quote from. 
Perhaps you would learn a bit by watching his videos with an open mind ?

7 hours ago, OptimisticRealist said:

I read that Vega will be releasing LATER than pascal's mid-high end. That's a win from my perspective. It IS a race after all.

On the other hand, we did get that Polaris Battlefront demo with sweet TDP.

I ask because I just sold a horrible MSI gaming laptop and will be looking for a $800~ replacement since I just built a Desktop. 

Good to see the perspectives! 

Do we have any info on release dates for the high end cards, 970 equivalent?

Also, how about Laptops with the new GPUs, any news?

Um, and where did you read high end Nvidia is being released in 2016? You didn't. Chances are it will be released in 2017 too. Just look at Maxwell.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

2 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Um, and where did you read high end Nvidia is being released in 2016? You didn't. Chances are it will be released in 2017 too. Just look at Maxwell.

I agree this summer the most "high end" we will be seeing will be X80 on the Nvidia side with GDDR5X because X80 Ti and Titan will require HBM2 memory which is not available in sufficient quantities. Wait for Q1 2017 for those. 

4 minutes ago, jwakeford said:

I agree this summer the most "high end" we will be seeing will be X80 on the Nvidia side with GDDR5X because X80 Ti and Titan will require HBM2 memory which is not available in sufficient quantities. Wait for Q1 2017 for those. 

Yeah, my guess is this summer we will see performance max out around 980 ti+ 10% or so with great efficiency gains allowing more notebook power. In 2017 we will get the real high end with probably a huge performance gain from now. That's when I plan to upgrade. HBM2 is only beginning production at Samsung and SK Hynix isn't even starting until q3

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

How many more of these damn threads will there be before the new cards launch? Stop making threads where you ask people to predict the future.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit