Limited fan position

MorbidAnge1

So, as of now I have only two fans. One is in the back as the intake, and one is at the top as the outtake. I know this sucks as of now, but that should change in the near future. What id like help with is getting the most optimal setup with what i have. Yesterday, I took off the front cover to try and mount the fan thats currently in the back as the intake, to move it to the more traditional front fan setup. The problem is that the holes for the screws were too small for that fan to fit. So now I have only a few options, put the fan that's the intake above the GPU on the side panel, or leave it as is. Open to suggestions. By the way, the fan that is the intake came with the case, so it is of lesser quality than the fan serving as the outtake. 

It would help if you can say which case, GPU and CPU cooler you are using. It helps even more if you post pic of your current setup. Additionally you can help by posting current load temps for both GPU and CPU.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

It would help if you can say which case, GPU and CPU cooler you are using. It helps even more if you post pic of your current setup. Additionally you can help by posting current load temps for both GPU and CPU.

When I get back home I'll go ahead and give you all that info. 

3 hours ago, MorbidAnge1 said:

When I get back home I'll go ahead and give you all that info. 

Pretty messy, did the best cable management I could for the case. The case is the logisys cs369bk. I'll do some tests to see the temps for both CPU and GPU. If I recall, the highest temps I've gotten for the GPU is 74 c. The cpu and gpu cooler are stock. Cpu: a10 5800k. Gpu: XFX R9 390

IMG_20160424_154540.jpg

21 hours ago, MorbidAnge1 said:

Pretty messy, did the best cable management I could for the case. The case is the logisys cs369bk. I'll do some tests to see the temps for both CPU and GPU. If I recall, the highest temps I've gotten for the GPU is 74 c. The cpu and gpu cooler are stock. Cpu: a10 5800k. Gpu: XFX R9 390

Both rear and top are exhausts in that pic. Fans blow towards framed side. Also 74C is really nice load temp for GPU, no need to worry there. Your CPU is using stock cooler so I'd imagine you getting around 50-60C load temps there.

As for fan config. Case has two side panel mounts. I would make both intakes. From pics they are using standard fan screw holes. Some people argue for making lower of side panel slots exhaust. You cantry which is better. HDD cages seem to be non-removable (did you already say that?), so even after adding front fans you aren't getting much airflow through. I would leave top and rear as exhaust, like they are in pic.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

13 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Both rear and top are exhausts in that pic. Fans blow towards framed side. Also 74C is really nice load temp for GPU, no need to worry there. Your CPU is using stock cooler so I'd imagine you getting around 50-60C load temps there.

As for fan config. Case has two side panel mounts. I would make both intakes. From pics they are using standard fan screw holes. Some people argue for making lower of side panel slots exhaust. You cantry which is better. HDD cages seem to be non-removable (did you already say that?), so even after adding front fans you aren't getting much airflow through. I would leave top and rear as exhaust, like they are in pic.

So you wouldn't move the fans to any other position? And once I get more fans in the future you would put two on the side panel as intakes? Works for me. Thanks for the help.

7 minutes ago, MorbidAnge1 said:

So you wouldn't move the fans to any other position? And once I get more fans in the future you would put two on the side panel as intakes? Works for me. Thanks for the help.

Yeah. You could move top fan to side panel for now. Best basic airflow is one intake and one exhaust.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv