this audio setup any good

courtiousdoge

the headphones are not that good, from what I can tell from that build you are going to make videos and you will edit sound, so headphones that has a frequency response that looks like a ski slope is not that good. I assume that you also want to game with them, but they dont have any soundstage so they are bad for games like csgo. I would recomend that you look at the pinned post about headphones in the price range you have the money for.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

It's a little imbalanced. You have all of this incredible mounting gear, but the microphone itself is a little lackluster. Then again that's subjective, although I'd recommend the Audio Technica AT2020 or the Blue Yeti PRO instead.

Furthermore, if you're going to be editing sound as more than a hobby, or want the best possible sound, then I'd recommend headphones with a more flat frequency response instead. The Sennheiser HD 598 cost the same, while the Sennheiser HD 558 are a fair bit cheaper. They're also open-back headphones, which will allow you to more accurately assess soundstage- the ATH M50x headphones are closed-back, and everything's going to sound like it's in a small room with you.

I will recommend going for Dynamic microphone instead of condenser, but it really depends what you want to do and how much you can spend.

Just keep in mind that Condenser microphones are really sensitive and can pick up almost everything in the background. 

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

Blue snoeball can't use that schock mount

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

36 minutes ago, spwath said:

Blue snoeball can't use that schock mount

Oh yeah, you need to buy that special expensive mount they make themselves

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

14 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

Oh yeah, you need to buy that special expensive mount they make themselves

umm tech source said that you dont 

15 minutes ago, courtiousdoge said:

umm tech source said that you dont 

If you want shock mount you do.

This is how the shock mount to a snowball looks with it installed. Please tell me how you are going to put that inside a normal shock mount

ads.jpg

29 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

If you want shock mount you do.

This is how the shock mount to a snowball looks with it installed. Please tell me how you are going to put that inside a normal shock mount

ads.jpg

i will just buy at2020 instead

16 minutes ago, courtiousdoge said:

i will just buy at2020 instead

xlr or usb?

The 2020 is a nice mic.