Got virus, help please.

Andzon

Hey.. So I was downloading this game, and it appears it wasn't a game at all. I should've trusted my guts. Either way, I'm not sure what to do. I cannot remove the files I downloaded because it says they are open in "System". So I have no idea how to remove them. I scanned with anti-virus and it removed lots of files, but every time i open the map i downloaded it seems to detect something new. I am scared my PC will mess up if I restart it, so I really don't know what to do. It gave me new start up page on Chrome, as well as added a bunch of programs, one of them was Wajam or something, I don't remember as I deleted them all (I think).

Please help.

Download and run RKILL together with Malwarebytes (full scan). That should be rid of most files, if not everything.

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works. Practice is when everything works but you dont know why. In this computer, theory and practice are combined: Nothing works and i dont know why.

Atleast i can manage Some things, like my current OC personal best.

5 minutes ago, Andzon said:

Hey.. So I was downloading this game, and it appears it wasn't a game at all. I should've trusted my guts. Either way, I'm not sure what to do. I cannot remove the files I downloaded because it says they are open in "System". So I have no idea how to remove them. I scanned with anti-virus and it removed lots of files, but every time i open the map i downloaded it seems to detect something new. I am scared my PC will mess up if I restart it, so I really don't know what to do. It gave me new start up page on Chrome, as well as added a bunch of programs, one of them was Wajam or something, I don't remember as I deleted them all (I think).

Please help.

save your data. create a bootable flash drive, delete all partitions and reinstall windows. its like a nuke and then rebuild. it takes some time but your making sure that nothing is left

Desktop Build Log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/486571-custom-wooden-case-with-lighting/#entry6529892

thinkpad l450, i5-5200u, 8gb ram, 1080p ips, 250gb samsung ssd, fingerprint reader, 72wh battery <3, mx master, motorola lapdock as secound screen

Please quote if you want me to respond and marking as solved is always appreciated.

Scan with Malwarebytes.

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I am running malwarebytes over and over, it detects things constantly, i just want to get rid of the 14gb file which I can't. I am not very good at all this so I have no idea how to reinstall windows. Will everything get wiped?

1 minute ago, Andzon said:

14gb map of files*

If its running in the system, RKILL will stop it.

That, or boot into safe mode and remove it from there.

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works. Practice is when everything works but you dont know why. In this computer, theory and practice are combined: Nothing works and i dont know why.

Does "YesSearches" sound familiar to anyone?

Must I download rkill or is it a standard program?

Just now, Andzon said:

Must I download rkill or is it a standard program?

Its a downloadable program, you can find it here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/

Thank you. I just ran it, but I am still unable to remove the files.

1 minute ago, Andzon said:

Thank you. I just ran it, but I am still unable to remove the files.

Is the folder filled with malware? If so then if you have a USB flash drive around you could create a Kaspersky Rescue Disk on it.

It will boot into its own little OS and remove files from there.

There isn't even an option to remove the files, what the fuck.

24 minutes ago, Andzon said:

Please help.

That's the reason why you shouldn't download games. There's nothing you can do. Reinstall windows. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

The PC seems to be working as normal now however, after i removed everything manually, it still detects things from that folder though. Should I try restarting the PC or is that a death wish?

3 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

That's the reason why you shouldn't download games. There's nothing you can do. Reinstall windows. 

Correction - that's the reason you should use trusted trackers

Archangel (Desktop) CPU: i5 4590 GPU:Asus R9 280  3GB RAM:HyperX Beast 2x4GBPSU:SeaSonic S12G 750W Mobo:GA-H97m-HD3 Case:CM Silencio 650 Storage:1 TB WD Red
Celestial (Laptop 1) CPU:i7 4720HQ GPU:GTX 860M 4GB RAM:2x4GB SK Hynix DDR3Storage: 250GB 850 EVO Model:Lenovo Y50-70
Seraph (Laptop 2) CPU:i7 6700HQ GPU:GTX 970M 3GB RAM:2x8GB DDR4Storage: 256GB Samsung 951 + 1TB Toshiba HDD Model:Asus GL502VT

Windows 10 is now MSX! - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/440190-can-we-start-calling-windows-10/page-6

I normally do, it looked fine and was one of the first search options, so I figured there wouldn't be a virus there. I also know some virus programs thinks something is a virus when it actually isn't, I am unsure if this is the case. Would it help if I show the torrent?

4 minutes ago, Andzon said:

I normally do, it looked fine and was one of the first search options, so I figured there wouldn't be a virus there. I also know some virus programs thinks something is a virus when it actually isn't, I am unsure if this is the case. Would it help if I show the torrent?

Quote people if you want them to respond. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

It appears all I had to do was go to "DVD" and press Eject. Damn guys, I thought you were pros, and here you are telling me to reinstall windows and stuff.