Bitcoins and Alcohol offered by a group as a bounty to hack the iphone 5s fingerprint sensor.

xXxYOLOxSWAGxXx_420BlazeIt

The IsTouchIDHackedYet.com site has so far received cash offers exceeding $3,250 – and 7.13 Bitcoins, which is a shade over $900 at current exchange rates – from more than 30 people prepared to chip in to offer a "reward to the first person who can reliably and repeatedly break into an iPhone 5S by lifting prints (like from a beer mug)".

All I ask is a video of the process from print, lift, reproduction and successful unlock with reproduced print. I'll put money on this," explains Nick DePetrillo, one of the Twitter users behind the istouchidhackedyet.com site – which was set up by Robert David Graham, who describes himself as a "cyber-insecurity expert".

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/09/19/iphone5s_fingerprint_crack_bounty/

Doesn't really sound too hard to do. Logistically I would guess no harder than making a fake ID, easier than counterfeit money. Here's a neat idea: get finger print (use a sticky-lift sample, like how criminal forensics does it with a sticker type thing) scan the print into a computer, edit a little for contrast/shape, then use a 3D printer to create a "finger-tip." A silicon mold would probably work a bit better, then just put that on your finger, the same kind of tech that make up artists use for fake skin and that kind of thing. Doesn't really sound too hard at all, just you need the right resources and a bit of trial and error, thats how all hacking and cracking works.

sysloc

Doesn't really sound too hard to do. Logistically I would guess no harder than making a fake ID, easier than counterfeit money. Here's a neat idea: get finger print (use a sticky-lift sample, like how criminal forensics does it with a sticker type thing) scan the print into a computer, edit a little for contrast/shape, then use a 3D printer to create a "finger-tip." A silicon mold would probably work a bit better, then just put that on your finger, the same kind of tech that make up artists use for fake skin and that kind of thing. Doesn't really sound too hard at all, just you need the right resources and a bit of trial and error, thats how all hacking and cracking works.

I forget the reason why, but I did hear that the finger print scanner can tell if you're alive or not...

You need a living finger to do it.

My Rig: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb, 8 gb Patriot Viper 2133 mhz, Corsair C70 (Black), EVGA Supernova 750g Modular PSU, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 motherboard, Asus next gen wifi card.

I forget the reason why, but I did hear that the finger print scanner can tell if you're alive or not...

You need a living finger to do it.

And that's why you put the mold on your own finger. If it's thin enough, it should work fine. Don't take my word for it, but technically that should work. But I have not tested that myself.

sysloc

As I've said a few times before, get the print on s plastic bad or something then use and phone stylus to press the print onto the scanner. It should work because the whole purpose of the stylus is the replicate a finger

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

As I've said a few times before, get the print on s plastic bad or something then use and phone stylus to press the print onto the scanner. It should work because the whole purpose of the stylus is the replicate a finger

I can't remember where, but I heard that you actually need a "live" finger, so you can't use mutilated body parts... or a finger print on a piece of plastic.

I can't remember where, but I heard that you actually need a "live" finger, so you can't use mutilated body parts... or a finger print on a piece of plastic.

It works by detecting the blood flow through your finger. Theoretically, any sort of warm liquid passing through a straw or something could simulate that

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I hate Apple as a corporation as much as the next computer enthusiast, however, I think they nailed it with the finger print scanner. The reason why computer enthusiasts hate Apple so much is that they take modern innovations in technology, and say they invented it themselves. The Iphone 5s is not the first phone to initiate a finger print scanner as that was the Motorola Atrix. Not only was it on the Motorola phone, but also on HP laptops, and even a peripheral from Microsoft, that used to be "the Shit." But I think on the Touch ID, Apple nailed it. According to Anand Lal Shimpi's Review on Anand Tech, a very trustworthy source, and from Linus' previous livestream, The fingerprint is not stored on the phone but on the A7 chip. However, it can not be accessed by plugging the phone in the computer. Further, the phone itself doesn't have access to the attributes, only the hardware does. So as Linus pointed out on his previous Stream with Marques Brownlee, a "hacker" would have to take the A7 chip out of the phone, put it in a very special type of motherboard or chipset of some sort, somehow get the data of the finger print off the chip, and finally take that data, which is an encrypted hash, and somehow convert that too a diagram of a fingerprint. It is insanely secure and accurate. Also, I think that the guy who wrote formed this organization on hacking into Touch ID is missing the point of the technology. It is not to make the device more secure, as you still have to set a passcode to the phone in the event that the phone can't read your finger print after four unsuccessful trials. So if someone really wanted to get into someone's phone, they could just hack the four-digit passcode.

- winny3141

System Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Six-core CPU, AMD Radeon HD 6970 2 GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card, MSI 890FXA-GD70 Motherboard, Kingston Hyper-X 1600 MHz RAM, ADATA 128 GB MLC SSD, 2 TB HDD, Astec Dual 120 mm closed Liquid cooling Loop, Cooler Master 800W Silent Pro Gold (80 Plus Gold Certified) PSU, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Gaming Keyboard (Love me my Cherry MX Blue Switches), a Razer Taipan Gaming Mouse (8200 dpi 4G sensor FTW!), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit