Straw Poll Vote

glitchmaster0001

Straw Poll time! today the topic is are geeks and nerds more likely to be successful after high school? comment what you voted for and why down in the comments down below!

http://www.strawpoll.me/10013932

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

28 minutes ago, glitchmaster0001 said:

Straw Poll time! today the topic is are geeks and nerds more likely to be successful after high school?

Nope. They have the same chances of being successful just like any other student in the class.

It all comes down to how much dedication and effort you're putting onto your school/college/university. Nothing to do with nerds and/or geeks or anything.

The problem is that this is an nVidia product and scoring any nVidia product a "zero" is also highly predictive of the number of nVidia products the reviewer will receive for review in the future.

On 2015-01-28 at 5:24 PM, Victorious Secret said:

Only yours, you don't shitpost on the same level that we can, mainly because this thread is finally dead and should be locked.

On 2016-06-07 at 11:25 PM, patrickjp93 said:

I wasn't wrong. It's extremely rare that I am. I provided sources as well. Different devs can disagree. Further, we now have confirmed discrepancy from Twitter about he use of the pre-release 1080 driver in AMD's demo despite the release 1080 driver having been out a week prior.

On 2016-09-10 at 4:32 PM, Hikaru12 said:

You apparently haven't seen his responses to questions on YouTube. He is very condescending and aggressive in his comments with which there is little justification. He acts totally different in his videos. I don't necessarily care for this content style and there is nothing really unique about him or his channel. His endless dick jokes and toilet humor are annoying as well.

I say No ! Being a nerd or a Geek does`nt  mean SUCCESS ! Success is a judgement of what you posess in today`s time ! To be Truely successful you Must First obtain a sense of Humanity ! Without it you are Just a JERK With money !!!! Most call them , ASSHOLES ! They have a limited # of fiend that will even truely have ANYTHING to do with them due to the Fact that they have their Nose so far up in the air that they cant seem to find Anything Grounded and have a terrible time meeting some one that is willing to even spend the time to talk to them ! And they have to shield themselves from those that would do harm in such a way that they end up getting a worst wrap for protecting ones self and family ! It is a TOTAL NIGHTMARE !!! You Cant go out and enjoy Public venues unless their is security _ I mean to see what the SUCCESSFUL people go through in today`s time ? JUST give me a simple life and I will be happy !!! You can have it !!! I DON~T wont it !!! Take it !!! Good luck !!! 

The terrible time to find someone to talk to is on a Personal level not a bisness level , ?

1 minute ago, RustyBaked said:

The terrible time to find someone to talk to is on a Personal level not a bisness level , ?

? what do you mean

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein

14 minutes ago, RustyBaked said:

Anyone will hold a conversation with $ 

if your asking why i would think a nerd/geek would be more likely to succeed after high school is because of their level of education and their passion and devotion to higher education. a nerd/geek is more likely to seek higher education than the typical high school stoner/jock. nerds and geeks tend to occupy higher skill jobs fresh out of high school unlike the stoners/jocks who do the hard labor jobs like stacking lumber at home depot or flipping burgers at wendy's. 

Just because their are STONERS AND JOCKS in school does`not mean ALL of them are ! With getting that out of the way ! I was a Stone mason and made over 185,000 in a year BEFORE I LEFT school !!! And YEA I hung out with Stoners and Jocks ! But I ALSO hung out with the Geeks and Nerds !! I associated myself with Good and Decent people ! Just because there is a LABEL does not mean that some one will be any diff. I have met Bad AND good in ALL LABELS !!! It would seem you have not forgiven some 1 ! Go look in a Mirror and say (    I Forgive YOU !!!   ) Let it GO ,,,,, You are BETTER THAN THAT !  BYE  

3 minutes ago, RustyBaked said:

Just because their are STONERS AND JOCKS in school does`not mean ALL of them are ! With getting that out of the way ! I was a Stone mason and made over 185,000 in a year BEFORE I LEFT school !!! And YEA I hung out with Stoners and Jocks ! But I ALSO hung out with the Geeks and Nerds !! I associated myself with Good and Decent people ! Just because there is a LABEL does not mean that some one will be any diff. I have met Bad AND good in ALL LABELS !!! It would seem you have not forgiven some 1 ! Go look in a Mirror and say (    I Forgive YOU !!!   ) Let it GO ,,,,, You are BETTER THAN THAT !  BYE  

im not saying all of them are, im saying that its more likely for the nerds/geeks to be successful and for the jocks/stoners to be less sucessful. i mean if you surround yourself with likeminded people you would tend to do what they do, so if you surround yourself with stoners then you are more likely to do drugs and or get addicted to doing drugs. if you hang around nerds/geeks or people who strive for success in life then you are more likely to be successful in life. 

8 minutes ago, RustyBaked said:

believe me i consider myself to be a nerd and honestly i don't want to be stacking lumber or flipping burgers fresh out of high school.

I think so ( after all , the stereotype of the nerd becoming rich and/or famous is there for a reason).

but in some cases , it isn't necessarily because of being a nerd , more because of its biproducts

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case