I'm installing linux on an ssd, is there anything i need to do/watch out for?

I bought an 850 evo, and is there anything i need to do/run (maby with regards to trim?) or pay attention to anything when installing?

Is there anything i need to do differently with an ssd than with a hdd? If i want to update the firmware should i do this on windows and then install linux on it?

HDD's and SSD's work the same, with the only real difference is (of course) the speed. How to optimize the speed is another story; but that won't matter when you're running linux anyways.

If you search the web there are forum threads warnings about Data loss, that's old information however, the bugs that caused this has long since been fixed.

I am running a Samsung 850 Evo Pro as system disk for Linux mint. If the disk has been used to run Windows you might need to run boot-repair on it though. The guys I payed to put my computer together installed windows on it to test that everything worked. The windows bootloader doesn't like other OSes and can be a pain to remove... (It was for me until I found boot-repair that I could install and run from a live-disk.)