Help me find the best headphones for me

XtraToothpaste

I've been hunting for headphones for the past few days on Amazon and there's just way too many options and opinions on all of them. I've gotten to the point where I'm almost stressing out if I continue to look. It's time I make MY OWN forum post. :) So here's what I'm looking for..

• Budget: $30-$70 (Somewhat flexible)
  • Closed back over ear headphones
  • NOT A HEADSET (I have Blue Snowball setup

These will be used for probably 70% gaming and 30% listening to music on the couch.

I often play CS:GO, MOBA games, and any other fun steam games, so it varies. Headphones that are good at directional positioning would be preferred, but not necessary.

Thanks to any suggestions, I'm looking forward to what you guys have to say. As much as I'd love to get the Sennheiser HD 598, it's not in my budget. I've thought about the Sennheiser HD 202 II's, or the Audio-Technica ATH M20x/M40x (heard these are more for editing/mixing though [not gaming?]). Opinions welcome :D

audio technica ath-m40x is fine. it is neutral balanced and fits great. 

11 minutes ago, Ridska said:

Brooklyn based audio company , status audio ,

http://thestatusaudio.com/products/cb1

80 bucks , closed , neutral sound.

Those look pretty nice, good reviews on Amazon as well. :) I just wish I could listen to what all of these sound like.

Also Sennheiser 439s

Edited by XtraToothpaste

10 minutes ago, XtraToothpaste said:

Those look pretty nice, good reviews on Amazon as well. :) I just wish I could listen to what all of these sound like.

Go below the page , Next to the star ratings there should be a tab named '' sound signiture '' .

Its neutral BTW , Meaning that it doesnt have bass boost or treble boost, Just natural sound , Pure flat frequency.

(⌐■_■) 

6 minutes ago, Ridska said:

Go below the page , Next to the star ratings there should be a tab named '' sound signiture '' .

Its neutral BTW , Meaning that it doesnt have bass boost or treble boost, Just natural sound , Pure flat frequency.

That sounds like a good and also bad thing for my intended use. It's a... neutral thing. boom still got it. I think I want some bass :)

5 minutes ago, Ridska said:

Go below the page , next to the star ratings there should be a tab named '' sound signiture '' .

That graph has no numbers on it at all.

I'm pretty skeptical that those headphones are flat at all, let alone as flat as they say they are.

Also, every review is a 5* rating, that also makes me skeptical.

I'm not saying they're bad; I've never listened to them, but I think it should be taken with an enormous grain of salt.

I cba to look up a proper review for them, but I'd want to read a review from a reputable source before spending $80 on those.

1 minute ago, XtraToothpaste said:

That sounds like a good and also bad thing for my intended use. It's a... neutral thing. boom still got it. I think I want some bass :)

Bass isnt everything , ITs good to have but if you want a good headphone with bass , You need to pay way more.

(⌐■_■) 

1 minute ago, rhyseyness said:

That graph has no numbers on it at all.

I'm pretty skeptical that those headphones are flat at all, let alone as flat as they say they are.

Also, every review is a 5* rating, that also makes me skeptical.

I'm not saying they're bad; I've never listened to them, but I think it should be taken with an enormous grain of salt.

I cba to look up a proper review for them, but I'd want to read a review from a reputable source before spending $80 on those.

Look up 3rd party reviews then , Im not saying they are good , im just recommending what i remmeber and see.

(⌐■_■) 

1 minute ago, Ridska said:

Bass isnt everything , ITs good to have but if you want a good headphone with bass , You need to pay way more.

Well bass isn't necessary either I suppose. Some of the music I listen to is dubstep but that's what my car stereo is for right :P

3 minutes ago, rhyseyness said:

-snip-

Need proof ?

Are you now skeptical ?

(⌐■_■) 

YOU WANT DAT BASS? SKULLCRUSHERS

Honestly a mid-low-tier brand and they are hella expensive maybe cheaper somewhere, these are the bassiest things I can think of at the moment for your wubstep.

I did have a pair of these before and they were bass-filled (not the crushers) because they are known for their bass. Ultimately you can go for in-ear buds for max bass at an easier price and somewhat good quality if you want dat bass but that's not in your list of needs but honestly those are known for their bass.

superlux?

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

4 minutes ago, XtraToothpaste said:

they are good, but they are semi open, so soundwill leak. You can give the pinned post about headphones a look also.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

2 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

they are good, but they are semi open, so soundwill leak. You can give the pinned post about headphones a look also.

Thanks, didn't know that was there!! :)

3 hours ago, Ridska said:

Need proof ?

-snip-

Are you now skeptical ?

Of course I'm still skeptical, lol.

I haven't heard them and am always gonna be skeptical of cheaper headphones which claim to be "flat" and don't give a real frequency response curve :P